Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer DEH - 3200UB headunit that i've been trying to fit the last few days but cant seem to get it to work properly.

I've got the Autoleads PC9-410, which i read on here that is the correct one to use when fitting an aftermarket headunit. My problem is i can get power and illumination but there is no sound whatsoever, As if the Bose amp isn't getting enough voltage to power it.
This looks more likely to be wiring harness i should have bought... - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A2-A3-A4 ... 287wt_1220

It may be that its something really stupid, but any help and feedback i'll be grateful to hear :D

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Im sure you need a wiring harness!

Not 100% though

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've got the pc9-410 wiring harness, but im not sure if i actually need the pc9-401 one [smiley=book2.gif]

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone??

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
You need the RCA part of the wiring harness, but not the power part. The ISO plug on the stereo plugs straight in to the car. One thing you need to do is move the blue wire from the headunit ISO and connect it to the one on the RCA harness. This is the remote on for the amp. ;-)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Garth said:
You need the RCA part of the wiring harness, but not the power part. The ISO plug on the stereo plugs straight in to the car. One thing you need to do is move the blue wire from the headunit ISO and connect it to the one on the RCA harness. This is the remote on for the amp. ;-)
This was also my problem and the remote wire did the trick. Make sure its a good connection also!

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
PC9-410 is the correct harness for the Bose set up, as Garth said you need to move the blue wire, I fitted an alpine unit but can't imagine there should be much difference

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i'll upload the pictures of how i've got it wired and maybe it will give you a better idea of where im going wrong. :

Everything plugged in how i think it should be, yet there is no power :? :

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
JS53MES said:
ok i'll upload the pictures of how i've got it wired and maybe it will give you a better idea of where im going wrong. :

Everything plugged in how i think it should be, yet there is no power :? :
If I remember correctly I think you need to swap the yellow and red wires, ie red plugs into yellow and yellow into red, something to do with the harness I think

I'll see if I can find the link/post

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
Here you go mate

*** UPDATE *** from correspondance with other forum members, it appears that, once you have installed the switch live, there may be issues with the colour coding of the permanent live and switch live wires, in that they may be coloured the opposite way round. So connecting red to red and yellow to yellow may actually be incorrect - you might actually be connecting perm live to switch live and switch live to permanent, meaning the head unit may not turn on, or may turn on but your presets may not be saved after turning it off again.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh right, so it may be that red needs to go to yellow and yellow needs to go to red?
Thanks Gogs i'll give it a try and see if i get any power :D

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
JS53MES said:
oh right, so it may be that red needs to go to yellow and yellow needs to go to red?
Thanks Gogs i'll give it a try and see if i get any power :D
Worth a try mate, I'm sure that's how I ended up wiring my unit up, I did run a switch live from the bus bar under the steering wheel

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, i just tried switching the red and yellow wires Gogs but theres still no power. However, when i put red and yellow wire together in the same slot i do get power but still no sound :? ...

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
Have you definitely got the speaker plug into the red connector? There are three plugs from the oem harness but you only use two, the power and the speaker wires, the other issue may be with the red connector, I managed to snap/break a couple and had to buy a 2nd harness, I knew this as when I pushed the wires into the connector I got sound!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i only have 2 plugs coming from my oem harness...and yeah the red plug is definitely clipped in as much as it can be :? I'm well confused now!

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying, I was trying to get my HU out but I can't find the keys to release it, this is a pic of the back of the old oem unit, maybe I'm getting mixed up but I was sure there was 3 plugs

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I think I can se the problem wih your wiring. Wait a few mins and I'll draw on your photo what needs to go where.

Swapping the red and yellow wires will do nothing if the unit won't power up. If you have them the wrong way round, you'll just lose your settings when you remove the key.

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
gogs said:
Sorry for the delay in replying, I was trying to get my HU out but I can't find the keys to release it, this is a pic of the back of the old oem unit, maybe I'm getting mixed up but I was sure there was 3 plugs
It's worth noting that the block adaptors in the PC9-410 adaptor ARE NOT colour-coded to the car's existing wiring. The PC9-410 has three block adaptors - two black and one red. The wiring that went into the old Chorus head unit also has three block adaptors - two black and one red. It was easy to assume that they go together, and when they didn't fit I started to worry. But then I realised that the colours don't mean anything, you just need to plug the adaptors that fit into each other and the unit should work fine. As I stated before though, the PC9-410 adaptor is causing low-level interference at the moment.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts