Audi TT Forum banner

hello again :) starting get the hang of this forum now!!

2K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  tonksy26 
#1 ·
hey just woundering if anyone else as water problems when power washing they tt roadster ??? comes in from top right corner :evil: ???? would life if someone could help solve this problem :p

#22 ·
Hi.

A standard garden hose will provide about 30 psi upwards. You could safely put your hand in the way to obstruct the flow of water.

A pressure washer, even a cheap nasty one can be upwards of 2000psi. It would be dangerous to obstruct this flow with anything really, especially your hand!

So forcing water into the car at over 60x the rate of a normal garden hose is going to cause leaks, the car (any soft top, not just aspn Audi) will have issues with this.

It's not uncommon to hear of pressure washers actually removing paint from cars. If you want to use a pressure washer on your car ( I wouldn't) I'd use it from a distance, and not on any fabric based part of the car.

Hope that helps.

#23 ·
Stueyturn said:
You were about to start something. Hoggy gives more to this forum than just about anyone. Generally the first to respond with invaluable knowledge. You'll work that out once you've been here for a bit longer ;)
Don't think he will last the distance on here with that attitude! [smiley=argue.gif]

#24 ·
Oak said:
Hi.

A standard garden hose will provide about 30 psi upwards. You could safely put your hand in the way to obstruct the flow of water.

A pressure washer, even a cheap nasty one can be upwards of 2000psi. It would be dangerous to obstruct this flow with anything really, especially your hand!

So forcing water into the car at over 60x the rate of a normal garden hose is going to cause leaks, the car (any soft top, not just aspn Audi) will have issues with this.

It's not uncommon to hear of pressure washers actually removing paint from cars. If you want to use a pressure washer on your car ( I wouldn't) I'd use it from a distance, and not on any fabric based part of the car.

Hope that helps.
thanks u very much for that :p thats all I need 2 know lol so stand down street next times I wash my car then :lol: thanks agin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.