Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've just found this place looking for some tech advice (i'll put that in a seperate post) and thought I'd say hello first.

I've had a 2000, 225 coupe for a couple of months now and having stretched myself slightly financially to buy it (only live once, enjoy it while you can etc etc) I'm now at a total pit of dispair with it [smiley=bigcry.gif]

It's had a couple of issues with boost thanks to a dodgy N75 and MAF but otherwise its been great and I've been smiling every time i drove it, but sadly the dreaded oil pressure light came on the other day and despite my best efforts to repair it (replaced the oil pick up and gave it a good service whilst i was at it), its still on.

I've yet to replace the pump (with hindsight and a bit more research i would have done this already) but having done more reading on here it seems that the turbo is also toast (dentist drill sound - been like that from when I brought it and I being my first ever drive in a tt I didn't know it was not normal, and theres also oil in the charge pipe :cry: ).

So how much money (that i dont really have) do i chuck at it? the oil pressure problems have no doubt stuffed something else in the engine. I'm tempted to look at a complete 2nd hand engine but id probably be wiser to chuck in the towel cut my losses and save some more money for a better tt.

Moral of the story? a cheap tt is never a cheap tt.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi JMH, Sorry to hear this on your 1st post.. It really needs to go a good Indy to investigate & keep cost as low as possible.
Whats your location, some one will be able to advise.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'm pretty handy with the spanners so I tend not to rely on garages (independent or otherwise!) but time is always against me (I'm restoring a 68 karmann Ghia and a house at the moment) and my money really ought to be spent on those, not my daily driver get me to work and back car :roll:

Fingers crossed I'll sort it one way or another as I'm missing driving it already.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Try giving Midland VW a call, they are in Norton Canes nr Cannock, highly recommended on here for quality and price

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks forest, if I manage to get it up and running again I might just take it down there for a general health check!

It's a big if at the moment though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts