Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
filled up at shell garage on the way to work this morning.... half way down the road my engine management lights pops on.... car feels ok to drive... maybe engine sounds a little bit louder.
stop to turn it off and re start... struggles to start...

im hoping this is covered in my warranty?? (black horse)

im not quite sure what to do as im in the middle of a 12 hr shift!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i am sure someone round your way will happily plug in a vagcom lead for you and read the fault code, its easy and only takes about 2 minutes.
If you have access to a laptop you could buy your own cable for about £10, best thing i have ever bought for my tt :lol:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
do you normally use v-power (or equivalent) or normal fuel? some people say that using normal fuel will give you problems, although i use normal and i havent had any problems apart from replacing the MAF :?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Maybe just a coincidence or maybe a batch of bad fuel?

Its not unheard of and the engine management will sense it fairly quickly.

Keep the reciept just in case you need to go and stick one up 'em

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The ecu will detect the fuel and change the settings if necessary but you shoudn't get the eml come on. The tt will run fine on 'normal' 95 ron unless you are mapped for higher. I'm mapped for 98/99 but in an emergency can still put 95 in which I have done. I doubt that its the fuel thats causing the light to come on.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick update... I won't be needing to come down sat now. Thanks for offering to help tho! Really do appreciate it. This forum is great and very rare to find so many people willing to help.
Filled the tank up with v-power last night and took it out... The light has now gone :D :D

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Happy Days!!

Rock on V.Power [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Glad you got it sorted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.