Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Put the car away in the garage last weekend all ok.

Went to get it out last night, pushed the clutch in and noticed that there pedal goes down along way, before biting right at the end of its movement!!! Still actually driveable, just.

Is the clutch on its way out?? :cry:

I've got Dean from 4Rings coming on monday to service/cambelt the car and maybe he can have a quick look to diagnose but is there anything i can check before then? :?

Thanks

Leon

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Its clutch master Cylinder :( Get an ATE one instead of the Audi unit and get an indi to do it

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Its a DIY job also if your mechanicaly minded , It takes about an hour and a half to do and the part is about £35
One other tric is to warm up the foot well area with a hairdrier for about 15 mins then the pedal wil be normal again , if this is the case then its defo the master cylinder :wink:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
pitty you didnt live closer I would have done it for you :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
John I hope thats got nothing to do with me hurting my back the other day when i tripped over th cape on my Batman outfit :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gt russell said:
pitty you didnt live closer I would have done it for you :)
Thanks

QUite relieved as i thought i'd have to fork out for a clutch

Where can i get an uprated master cyclinder from?

Do you think it would affect my warranty being uprated?

Regards, Leon

P.S. need to get it all sorted for the rolling road day on 19th :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gt russell said:
One other tric is to warm up the foot well area with a hairdrier for about 15 mins then the pedal wil be normal again , if this is the case then its defo the master cylinder :wink:
Ok, i'll give this ago this evening. Fingers and toes crossed its the master cyclinder

Leon

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
oesnt your warranty cover it??

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just make sure it is the master cylinder before you splash out. When my A4 clutch pedal went to the floor, the AA guy told me it was the master cylinder,but turned out to be the slave cylinder.

Sean.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
V6 SRS said:
Just make sure it is the master cylinder before you splash out. When my A4 clutch pedal went to the floor, the AA guy told me it was the master cylinder,but turned out to be the slave cylinder.

Sean.
The pedal hasn't dropped to the floor at all. It is still always springing back

Just there is now no pressure behind the pedal until the very last bit near the floor where it is biting.

Heating up the footwell mate it slightly better for 10 minutes or so. :?

Leon

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
V6 SRS said:

Sean.
Same with me [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John-H said:
You may find bleeding helps short term as it sounds like you've got air in there but the problem may return if it's happened already.
Thanks for the info.

I've managed to find a how to for replacing the Master cylinder on an American site but still don't know how to go about Bleeding the system on the TT :?
Never had to work on ithe TT before!!

If anyone can help with any pics or instructions on where to find things that would help immensely

Thanks,

Leon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.