Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya i put oil in my car this morning as the light came on when i started it up i used castrol synthetic 5w- 30 i pottered around town no problems i have just been on the motorway and done a 50 mile trip the engine light is flashing the car is losing power and very juddery especially in high gears any ideas what this could be the car doesnt stall

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have just had the same thing happen.

oil was a tad low, popped out to get some 5/30 oil and some Momentum fuel, topped up the oil, it was driving fine then suddenly red oil light came on on dash and the engine sounded like a bag of nails!

i am now parked up waiting for the AA to take me to local garage. i am so upset. i have somehow lost oil pressure which sounds scary!

help!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi melgbro, Did the oil light clear & not illuminated again after you topped it up.
If it's stayed off, your prob could be a failed coil pack.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hiya guys it was the oil level light that came on as soon as i topped it up and restarted the car the light had gone out the light on the dash flashing now is the engine management light no oil light has been on again hoggy xx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didnt drive the car with the oil light on as soon as i turned on the ignition and saw the light was on i topped it up , light went out so im wondering if the oil scenario is just a coincidence

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
melgbro said:
hiya guys it was the oil level light that came on as soon as i topped it up and restarted the car the light had gone out the light on the dash flashing now is the engine management light no oil light has been on again hoggy xx
ahhh sorry.... thought you meant the oil light came back on...... miss read it !

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
melgbro said:
Hi, Lack of power, juddery, & eml on usually coilpack failed. Phone Audi with Reg & VIN & hopefully get them replaced FOC.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
yans said:
i have just had the same thing happen.

oil was a tad low, popped out to get some 5/30 oil and some Momentum fuel, topped up the oil, it was driving fine then suddenly red oil light came on on dash and the engine sounded like a bag of nails!

i am now parked up waiting for the AA to take me to local garage. i am so upset. i have somehow lost oil pressure which sounds scary!

help!
No obvious oil pump faults or anything came up on the AA mans computer..... so it was towed to garage and there she rests all lonely for the night until my brother-in-law takes a look in the morning... A tank full of Momentum fuel just sat there [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Did you try Audi? As there is a recall on the coil packs and they will replace them all for FREE if yours hasn't been done. If it is covered put the old ones back on and get 4 new ones, you then have some expensive spares.

Yans hope it is ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts