Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people of the forum,

Ive just fitted new discs to the rear of my TT and had to remove the offside caliper completely due to some previous butchers handywork.

Took care not to allow air back in the flexi hose and tied it upright while sorting the caliper out....

Put the caliper back on and bled out the air from the bleed nipple with the engine running.

Trouble is, got a brake level warning and ended up with the ESP light on too.... and no matter how much i try to bleed the system now, the pedal is as soft as 5hite...

When i got the warning for fluid level, i topped up the resevoir but im hoping i didnt run it dry.....

Any clues or info on what foolish mistake ive made?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aidb said:
Found this link for you, hope it helps:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163070&p=1663027

Scroll down to John-H "How to".
Youre a star, thanks a million for the link.

Now ive had a think about things, i think i might have let the resevoir run too low and got air in the system.... possibly why the esp is showing on the dash.

Any ideas on how to bleed the anti-lock brakes pump by running the pump through VAGCOM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - got the same problem as yourself - did you manage to solve the problem & get the esp light to go out? Have tried the Gunson pressure kit but no joy so far!....thanks....Dave

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DBTT said:
Hi - got the same problem as yourself - did you manage to solve the problem & get the esp light to go out? Have tried the Gunson pressure kit but no joy so far!....thanks....Dave
Hi, yeah, eventually and after alot of bleeding i sorted it.

You will need to run the ABS pump through the VAGCOM interface.

Doing that runs the pump and purges the air trapped in it.

Using a gunson kit is good BUT make sure you are only pressurising the system with 1 BAR (14.5 psi) or you will get blockages due to the check valves and bits and bobs of the brake system.
Also, dont touch the brake pedal during pressure bleeding (you probably knew that anyway).

Its very important to pressurise at only 1 BAR and i bought a digital tyre gauge and deflated the spare to this pressure before connecting.

Also, follow the correct bleeding process -

NSF
OSF
NSR
OSR

You might need to do it a few times so have an extra bottle of brake fluid ready and DO NOT let the level drop!!

You will go right back to square one again....

Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I let my system run dry and managed to pressure bleed with GUnson without vag com. YOU DONT NEED VAGCOM!!!!

Please explain why anyone thinks you need to cycle an abs pump? Give me a technical reason, because no tunner I know of can understand it and lughs when anyone says this. This includes Badger 5. APS etc... Im sure Morgan and Wak also laugh att this fact. Same with teh Vagcom for adjusting headlights! Its BOLLOX, I did mine without, you just cant have ignition on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.