Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anybody have any info on fitting a coilover kit to a 52 plate Quattro. I have bought the kit and asked my small local garage to fit it but he has said he would rather not because he thinks it will be to problematic. If I get some more info he would be happier. The garage has always done good work for me in the past but I would be happier if they think they could do it. If I had the time I would do it myself. Any help/instructions even pictures would be a brilliant help.
George

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
if he thinks it would be difficult to do then my advice......dont get him to do it, any good mechanic could fit a set of coilies in about 2 hours, the only possible problem is maybe if you have a bolt thats seized but apart from that its all fairly straight forward :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ppcsl said:
Hi does anybody have any info on fitting a coilover kit to a 52 plate Quattro. I have bought the kit and asked my small local garage to fit it but he has said he would rather not because he thinks it will be to problematic. If I get some more info he would be happier. The garage has always done good work for me in the past but I would be happier if they think they could do it. If I had the time I would do it myself. Any help/instructions even pictures would be a brilliant help.
George
I was thinking that myself denimblue, I think I will do a search for someone near Ellon who can do the job.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SteviedTT said:
It's easy to do yourself mate, if you have the right tools. I fitted mine, that I got from the VMaxx GB, last weekend and didn't have any trouble at all.
HI Stevied I wish I had the time, I have rebuilt and modded a few cars in my time (driving since 1985) but I have so many other things to do with my too short a weekend. I need to fix the track to my house which caused the broken rear spring in the first place, then there is the barn which needs emptied after the roof caved in with the heavy snow. Not forgetting all the things her indoors has linned up for me. A lot of my tools are stuck in the barn so it would be safer for me in the long term if I get a garage to do it. You don't fancy a weekend break in Scotland :p

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Where abouts mate, I'd love to. But I think her indoors would have something to say about it :x She's already whinging about the amount of time I spend on that "bloody" car. They just don't understand, do they :?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
here's a link to a Bilsteiin PSS9 coilover DIY...many pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/mikeism/mike/audi-tt-1/bilstein-pss9-front/

Also,
see my fotki (link in signature block) for my strut/spring install. I did it alone and I'm no mechanic. :wink:

With these, your mechanic should have no problem. If he does still find in problematic, get a new mechanic. :p

cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.