Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a newbie and win prat of the year. Had the car 1 week and was changing a bulb in the boot. Dropped the flat head screwdriver balanced near the bulb onto the light fitting, a few sparks later and everything went dark. I stupidly then closed the boot luckily with keys in pocket. Problem is the car is completely dead, I have two sets of keys but neither allows me to open the car manually (keys only go half way in), and they certainly won't work with the remote. When the car locked an alarm went off intermittently for around 5 secs then a break of 3 secs then sounded again for 5 secs. This cycle repeated about 6-8 times then all went quiet. Soooooo apart from feeling a right prat
1. How do I open the car
2. Could I have shorted everything?
3. How do I regain power - trickle charge via cig lighter?

Having just bought the car I'm not familiar with anything so any help is much appreciated.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,589 Posts
Hi Stelviovx, Welcome to the TTF.
Can you open the door with key in lock or not. If not you can't charge through Cig lighter, if you can, you can open bonnet.
Hoggy. :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,589 Posts
Hi, Strange that keys won't fit, looks as if keys or locks have been changed. Give both key holes a good blast with WD 40 & leave to soak & try again, otherwise if you have AA/RAC give them a call, they can usually gain access, depending who arrives.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
28,018 Posts
Stelviovx said:
Hi - no I can't open the car using the actual keys or remote. The key itself only goes half way in the lock and that goes for both sets.
Passenger side as well?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There isn't a key hole on the passenger side or boot area, just the drivers door. Went to the car this morning and still no joy. The red light insider the door window was flashing so I guess there is some power but nothing opened via the fob and the red light then stopped flashing but nothing opened. Again tried both keys but will only go about half way in.

I'm really stuck !!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've phoned Audi who say that if the battery is really low it can go into a shutdown mode to protectb he car ie thinks someone is tampering with it. The deadlocks kick in and the key doesn't work - which seems odd because it locks out the owner as well. Non to helpful - they suggested phoning the AA.

Appreciate anyone with a better idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.