Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

took my TT into have the dashpod replaced today due to chime not working, changed over no problems no cost but... i have just noticed my car has gone from being a youthful 42000 miles to a not so youthful 70900 miles???

what has happened, does this get programmed into the dash by the engineers and they have simply misplaced the milage or is this fed from the ECU????

Please help as i need this fixed but this is concerning me a little!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just had mine done and i asked them this question and they said all info is transfered over from the old pod EXCEPT the mileage, this is manually put in by the tech that changed the pod. This was Epsom Audi main dealer, take it back and have them re do it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I thought they had one go only to reprogram a new dashpod.
Have a look at all the dashpod info in a search or at the top of the index. It will take you ages reading all the posts, but It has been mentioned.
Hope this helps you a little bit as you seem a bit worried.

Si

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is great news thanks, i was worried it was read from the ECU or something and it may have been previously clocked or something, it will be going back first thing then!!

Thanks again for your help everyone!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Damn them!

They did the same to mine and converted my miles to Kilometres! :evil:

·
Registered
428 Posts
theres the answer there then

it works out about what your original mileage was

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just checked and this is exactly what they have done!
did a quick conversion from the last known and its the mileage down to the last digit!!!

Thanks again for your help but seriously how hard is it for Audi??? surely this shouldnt be the case for a UK car???

Thanks again

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
g1ose said:
just checked and this is exactly what they have done!
did a quick conversion from the last known and its the mileage down to the last digit!!!

Thanks again for your help but seriously how hard is it for Audi??? surely this shouldnt be the case for a UK car???

Thanks again
Lets hope they get it right as I think they only get 2 goes at this

·
Registered
472 Posts
g1ose said:
:lol: :lol: They wasted two dashpods getting it wrong with mine!

When it went back to get corrected, they replaced the pod and programmed the new one exactly the same as the incorrect one - But then again i didn't have to pay for them... :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well maybe its a way for them to charge Audi HQ more money or something!
such an inconvienience i wonder if they will sort something else for me out of good faith as i have to go back there now on my saturday!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,
I think you can set Miles/Km conversion yourself. have a quick look at the manual. I'm pretty sure I saw the function when I was faffing about trying to change the clock time when I first got my car.

good luck :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Question: can a used dashpod from a different smimilar model TT be fitted easily? how woudl the key recognize teh immobilizer info? does it need to be reprogrammed/recoded? and can teh mileage be changed to tally with my current mileage? i know if u just do straight swap the ignition wont start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.