Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im new here had my Audi tt 55 model since march and luv it to bits. I have always had a soft top (mx5 for years) and liked the fact with the audi you turned the handle then the mechansim for roof went down itself. Now its stuck and like locked. I went into my local Audi and thought they would be able to sort it if i behaved like a weak woman and thought I had not spotted something. Has anyone else had a problem with their roof like this??? My nice man at Audi has said the pin is either stuck or snapped off and has ordered a new mechanism which is having to come from Germany and will cost 600 pounds. So im far from happy I dont think the roof had been down much before i got it. have always put the roof up and down as in the instructions and had the roof down a lot because i prefer it down thats why i got the car. Please can something tell me if they have had any problmes like this or have i just been unlucky as my local Audi said they hadnt heard of it . thank you Brenda

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi Brenda, Welcome to the TTF, as a Coupe owner sorry I can't help, but I'm sure a roadster owner will be along soon with some suggestions, but not suprised Audi want silly money to fix it, they don't seem to know any other way.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts