Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may remember, did mark225's excellent A4 RNS-E conversion some time ago. Because the Concert2+ and RNS have differing antenna systems, it is possible that the reception is not as good as it should be because of a different antenna amp in the bottom of the tail gate.
This is where I need someones help to find the part number of this amp fitted to a sat nav car. Rather than pulling your car apart to see what it is. there is an easier way. All I need is the chassis number of ANY car (yours, friends, at the dealer) fitted with satnav and I will be able to check on ETKA to see what part number is fitted to THAT particular car.
Feel free to PM if you wish.......

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I dont have an issue with mine but....

You'll need these parts -
- GOLF diversity module 1T0 035 530 -> Vagparts £77.81 + VAT
- Power connector 1C0 973 119B -> Vagparts £1.19 + VAT
- 1 x repair cable (this gives 2 pre-wired connectors) 000 979 009 -> Vagparts £0.98 + VAT
- 2 x adaptor cables -> Krenn.at 76 Euro delivered to the UK. A PDF schematic for the cables is available here http://www.audi4ever.at/phpbb3/downl...f9d3bfb37d55cd

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have been thinking along the same lines as me Tosh. BUT I was looking at the OEM solution rather than the Golf mod you mentioned above. The TT has 2 rear screen antennas with 2 amps and there are 3 versions of the antenna amp in the bottom of the tailgate. Each one is specific for either normal, RNS and for RNS+TV. So I was looking at a different amp (either £55 or £73) depending on which one is actually installed. All amps look the same other than additional conectors on the side of the box. The mod needed would be to route signal from the antenna amp in the TOP RIGHT of the tailgate to the (new) amp in the BOTTOM RIGHT amp and then on the the RHS. This establishes the new ZF signal required. At the moment it runs directly from the upper right amp direct to the RNS without being routed via the second amp.

If I can find the chassis number of a factory fitted RNS-E car then I can confirm the exact amp fitted.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
markTT225 said:
piloTT said:
Anyone else pls..................
No joy with mine then mate? :?
Kind of mark.... but for your car it show 2 of amp one and none of amp two, and although the wiring diag for a BNS car looks similar to RNS. ETKA seems to suggest it might(?) have a different amp part number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.