Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive had my morro blue a week now and im loving it. my first job was to remove all the ebay stickers it had on it.
my next job is to sort out the stereo system. at the moment it has got the original audi concept in it.
i went to halfords today and they said it would cost me £100 for the new leads, surround and fitting and then the price of a new stereo on top of that. feeling slightly ripped off i thought i would ask whats best to do on here.
basicly i need the unit to work with iphone, so i could get a new stereo that would work with i phone, (but hopefully cheaper to fit than halfords were quoting and still be able to use the foldy down silver bit ) or blu tooth or attach something to the audi concept stereo to make it blue tooth.
could someone please advise of whats the best thing to do. im not really bothered about a major ice kit i just want to be able to listen to my music from i phone and also use my i phone through it
many thanks

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If you don't have the Cd changer in it or are not using it, you can get a lead to plug into the changer socket on the standard head unit to run an iPod etc off... Someone on here will be able to tell you which

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. i havnt got a bose or the cassette stereo. i have done a search and ended up just confusing myself that is why i went to halfords. they guy there said i had to have and adapter to make my rear speakers work and an areal adapter and a surround piece to fill in the gaps which would cost £65 then when i had bought them they would be able to fit it in for an extra £30.
the little box that attaches looks a good option, has anyone got the blu tooth version and does it work ok ?
many tahnks

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I have earlier ipod connecter in my ttr 150 06, it plays and charges earlier ipods, you need an adapter to fit between the ipod and connector for later ipods else the ipod won`t get charged, perhaps later connecters have been redesigned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've just fitted an Alpine unit which plays music from my iPhone via Bluetooth.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165474

If your going to get one from Halfords check the "web price" first you will save alot of money.

You will need a harness, aerial adaptor and fascia surround kit. All these are cheaper online then in Halfords. Plus you will have to fit it yourself. My stereo flap shuts but I have set the head unit further into the cage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ruddie thanks for that info. the system you fitted seems like it will do the job. i just thought i was getting really ripped off by halfords wanting nearly £100 for the wires and fitting.
after i did a search on here i looked at the parrot option but i think i will go for the alpine. it looks good in the mount too :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
That Alpine unit I bought has Parrot built in. It has an answer button on the front too, voice calling works too and it also comes with a mic to fit. The display also tells you your battery power and signal, if you connect your iPhone via USB it charges it too. All very handy for the price :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts