Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tried changing the original stereo in the wife's TT to a Sony

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345230115.706240.jpg

The wiring harness I bought was the pc9-401 as it is just a basic stereo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345230230.951771.jpg

I plug it into but there was no power what so ever to the stereo.

Hope someone can shed a little light on my problem as they wife is chewing my ears off.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, sounds like to much messing about to me, think I'm going to just buy an Audi cd player its a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Dearnie said:
Thanks for the info, sounds like to much messing about to me, think I'm going to just buy an Audi cd player its a lot easier.

It is actually very easy to do but as davelincs said any auto electrician would be able to do it.

There are plenty of posts on here that show you how to do it just have a look round..

·
Registered
449 Posts
The guys on here are right you need another feed, I had the same problem last month with a 2002 tt took it to a speciallist who fitted a kbus to it instead of taking another feed from the ignition. The standard stereos are not very good its worth upgrading them stereos are so cheap now compared to what they were years ago, we got a new Alpine with parrot bluetooth for £145 brand new from Halfords changed the car and how we use it completely

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it sorted this afternoon with a little bit of re-wiring. Kept it in for about 5mins then took it straight out sounded shit, cover wouldn't close and there had to be power to it all the time even with key out. So to stop the battery draining had to pop the display off.

Oh well you live and learn. Buying an Audi concert cd player instead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.