Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TTR Special Edition 3.2
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of shots of what I'm working with. They're off a 2006 special edition. My understanding is that the wheels are "unique Special Edition bi-color nine-spoke 18” wheels. Car color is Quartz Grey. They just look like they're dirty even when they're clean. I have a set of new hubcaps.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what the proper finish is for these wheels, but I'd also like to see what others have done through refinishing and any tips. Thanks!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
9,737 Posts
They do look like they are dirty.... but I actually like the two tone effect.. it looks better than plain silver.

I'm colour-blind... but the inner colour to me is like 'tea'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do look like they are dirty.... but I actually like the two tone effect.. it looks better than plain silver.

I'm colour-blind... but the inner colour to me is like 'tea'
If the color difference was more pronounced, say silver on black, it might look better. I'm working on procuring a hardtop and will do a black vinyl wrap on the top and A-frame. Silver/black wheels would be interesting.

·
Registered
83,847 Posts
If the color difference was more pronounced, say silver on black, it might look better. I'm working on procuring a hardtop and will do a black vinyl wrap on the top and A-frame. Silver/black wheels would be interesting.
I did the same with my hardtop looks much better that before
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I think that's ultimately what I'll do. Simple and straightforward. I don't think the two tone added anything. Nice looking car :)
I don't think the two tone finish does much for the wheels at all, all silver looks far better IMHO.

Blimey,,,
That Glacier Blue looks great,,,just how I want mine to look ,,,
Wheels will be the last job and yours look about perfect,,,
Thanks! :)
Have to confess that I wasn't all that fussed on the colour when I bought it, but the Glacier Blue has slowly grown on me :cool:.
The wheels are virtually perfect but sadly I've become a little bored with them, so am in the middle of refurbing some BBS RS2's.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheers SIlverbug,,,

I don't think the two tone finish does much for the wheels at all, all silver looks far better IMHO.

Thanks! :)
Have to confess that I wasn't all that fussed on the colour when I bought it, but the Glacier Blue has slowly grown on me :cool:.
The wheels are virtually perfect but sadly I've become a little bored with them, so am in the middle of refurbing some BBS RS2's.....
Cheers Silverbug,,,
Best of luck with the new wheels,,
I need some paint on the pass side , front lamps polished and then get her mopped,,,,
After that,, then the wheels ,,as there mostly ok for the moment,all spokes are clear but a couple of rims need sorting,,,,,,,
gonna go with the classic Audi silver but I’m not far off 60 and don’t like change but I do like those honeycomb back grill/ bumpers,,lol,,,
our spanner chaps told me to leave it og and it’s sacrosanct to fit a V6/ Sport honeycomb to a standard 225 facelift mk1,,lol,,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could be titanium grey, there one option on zap 7 called titanium (grey) then another option called titanium/silver - balancer weight (self-adhesive); for aluminium ri... - Audi TT/TTS Coupe/Roadster(ATT) [EUROPA 2006 year] (7zap.com)
It looks like the Titanium/grey entry had a short production run (3 months) which would match with the special edition cars. That's gotta be it. The wheels just have the standard part number stamp 8N0 601 025 S with no designation for paint color. This is great, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looks to me like the wheels are stained with old brake pad dust. Happens when previous owners ddn't clean the wheels often enough - brake dust penetrates and embeds itself in the paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts