Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi Sean,Welcome to the TTF.. If its a Mk1 you're after..
Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
Welcome if you can do with out the rear seats then the qS is best of the mk1s IMOP :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

I've been taking advice off my Brother In Law (who is a member on here (tricklexxx) and got a very nice TT ) I think I'm looking at the 225 model ideally Coupe mk1 with a budget of about £5000-£6000 (the less the better LOL)

Thanks Hoggy for all the advice :))

I was hopping I was gonna be able to have a look at the cars for sale on here but I don't think it will let me due to being a newbie :(((

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Become a TTOC member and generate a couple of topics to boost your count and it won't be long before you can see everything. Maybe your bro can let you see the secret stuff on his account..

You can get a V6 on you budget.
Paying cheap isn't ness a good thing.
Steve

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Sean_numark said:
Ok cheers

In comparison price and cost wise what's the difference between a 225 1.8 and a 3.2 V6? Including insurance, tax, fuel and price to buy the car?
Not much in any of the costs apart from the V6 was made from 2003
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts