Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, the names adam.I am 21 and i am currently a proud owner of a Lupo GTI .My parents have had two TTs in the past, firstly a 180 then a 225. I loved them both, at the time it wasnt feasible to own one nor get insured on one. However, now being at a sensible age and with 4 years NCB under my belt it looks like being a TT owner is no longer a pipe dream :)

being a fairly patient person its not going to kill me waiting around until the right TT pops up but i am looking for the 225 and then looking to tastefully make it my own, ive been researching alot so im familiar with models/specs/problems but, as a newbie and a quite young age, if theres any information you would like to give me or even criticm i gladly appreciate it.

hopefully i will be talking to you soon as a fellow TT owner.

hi to all :)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi Adam, Welcome to the TTF, as you joined 2 years you must have seen my standard reply of info, but if not here it is.

Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
Hey and welcome!

Nice Lupo. Have always had a bit of a soft spot for those, especially in GTI guise! You don't ever see that many about either.
Shame that VW got rid of it in a way and brought out that Fox thing. Never saw the appeal in that.

Fingers crossed you find a TT soon. Don't forget to chuck up some pics when you get it :D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Also look for corrosion and bubbling on the roof rails and rust between the sill and the bottom of the wing.

Its worth looking in the service history to make sure the Haldex coupling for the 4WD system has had oil every 20k and filter every 40k. A lot of none enthusiasts and a lot of garages don't even know its there so sometimes it can be forgotten about.

Welcome to the forum btw!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Adam, Welcome to the TTF, as you joined 2 years you must have seen my standard reply of info, but if not here it is.

Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D
thank you hoggy, yes i always have a view on the forum aminly for information regarding the parentals TTS, i think the 3.2 is a bit out of my league atm but hopefully in the future fingers crossed :)

Ruffmeister said:
Hey and welcome!

Nice Lupo. Have always had a bit of a soft spot for those, especially in GTI guise! You don't ever see that many about either.
Shame that VW got rid of it in a way and brought out that Fox thing. Never saw the appeal in that.

Fingers crossed you find a TT soon. Don't forget to chuck up some pics when you get it :D
I adore mine but its time for change, nope thats correct less than 800 on the road now by estimation (registered with dvla,writeoffs,sorn etc) yes the fox just went ugly! the new VW UP was meant to be the 'true' replacement, the design is very similar but vw rebranded it as the UP.

thanks guys

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
Welcome Adam if you mod your TT when you get it to the same standard as you Lupo I cant wait to see it 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
Welcome Adam if you mod your TT when you get it to the same standard as you Lupo I cant wait to see it 8)
why thanks, dont think its as easy as that however, with the costs alone its gonna be difficult but being a very stylish car i can only see selective and very subtle mods working

definite mods i will do are

debadge
v6 valance
lower
resonated exhaust system

then a choice of special wheels coloured uniquely :)

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
adamskihayden said:
YELLOW_TT said:
why thanks, dont think its as easy as that however, with the costs alone its gonna be difficult but being a very stylish car i can only see selective and very subtle mods working

debadge
v6 valance
lower
resonated exhaust system

Have a look here www.wak-TT.com at the wak bos mod and bouble brake light mods they are free :p
Also www.forgemotrosport.co.uk at there big knob and short shift to of the best mods

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
adamskihayden said:
YELLOW_TT said:

debadge
v6 valance
lower
resonated exhaust system

Have a look here http://www.wak-TT.com at the wak bos mod and bouble brake light mods they are free :p
Also http://www.forgemotrosport.co.uk at there big knob and short shift to of the best mods
thanks alot of info on wak-TT.com will spend alot of time going over all that :)

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
Yep Wak defo knows his stuff also top man for remaps :p

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
adamskihayden said:
YELLOW_TT said:
so many things i could buy now, i dont even have the car!
When I bought my TT qS i had a box full of bits waiting to be fitted :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
adamskihayden said:
YELLOW_TT said:
so many things i could buy now, i dont even have the car!
When I bought my TT qS i had a box full of bits waiting to be fitted :p
haha ive got some mats and a tt tax disc holder hanging around thats all!

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
That's a good start :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.