Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had p0343 cam pos sensor fault, found inlet cam shaft retarded a tooth so set correctly fixed my non start and removed engine light perminatly ( note all timing checked and ok)
After this I checked codes a week later and got a p0012 so cleared a d I got a p0011 a week these are advance and regard codes after looking into this it seems its a fault with either the oil pressure to the vct via solenoid or the tensioner it self. as the car had no history I flushed the engine oil twice and replaced with filter just to give me a start as could of been stuck solenoid, I then tested the solenoid via dianostic and it seems to be working ok. I really don't want to buy tensioner kit if there s a easy fix

I am a mechanic struggling if you can help me please

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
Josephcawdron said:
Had p0343 cam pos sensor fault, found inlet cam shaft retarded a tooth so set correctly fixed my non start and removed engine light perminatly ( note all timing checked and ok)
After this I checked codes a week later and got a p0012 so cleared a d I got a p0011 a week these are advance and regard codes after looking into this it seems its a fault with either the oil pressure to the vct via solenoid or the tensioner it self. as the car had no history I flushed the engine oil twice and replaced with filter just to give me a start as could of been stuck solenoid, I then tested the solenoid via dianostic and it seems to be working ok. I really don't want to buy tensioner kit if there s a easy fix

I am a mechanic struggling if you can help me please
1. Vagcom diagnostic scan and full descriptions are much more useful to ensure correct DTC interpretation so invest in that if you plan on working on many more VAG cars.

2. Personally I'd invest in re-checking the timing belt is correctly set and tensioner is doing its job and hydraulic damper is doing what it should be.

3. As for the VVT tensioner, this usually exhibits rattling on pickup and makes that end of the engine noisy if its playing up but maybe you do have a new issue.

4. What about the cam sensor, have you check and cleaned the connector pins as a first step, perhaps the sensor is playing up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply iv checked timing belt and tensioner new genuine parts the chain is now set correctly iv replaced cam posistion sensor I check wiring to sensor and check vct solenoid wiring and used diagnostic computer also checking iv its operating correctly. I don't have a engine light on dash. engine runs well at low revs feels very flat after 4,500 rpm unable to hit the limiter. Can a vag check read codes better than a snapon machine ? The car seems its had a new head. Thanks Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts