Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
Welcome and plans for your TT :?:

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi Nix, Welcome to the TTF.. A Red 2001 TT must be Amulet Red. Lets see some pics soon.. :p
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bought it knowing there was an issue with the brakes. Pedal worked once then went hard until it was boosted. So worst case it was a new servo. Drove it carefully home and got straight to work to find this...

Just used another valve and pipe temporarily off another car. Problem solved.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi Nix, She looks very nice & of course the correct colour 8)
I have had my 2001 225 from new..

·
Administrator
95,372 Posts
Nix-TT said:
What's best way to identify if wheels are genuine?
Hi Remove centre caps & you should see Audi Rings etc embossed on centre of wheel..

·
Administrator
95,372 Posts
Hi Nix, Yes you would be correct. Unlikely to be genuine as 2001 TT came with 6 spokes or comps, unless a really late reg. Centre caps look a little dark in the pics to be genuine, but I could be wrong..Reps are not always multifit.

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
Brakes look like a nice cheap fix :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ordeal continues....
Driving along today to suddenly hear the speakers cackling and sounding weird, followed by a strong burning smell.
Identified the smell from the rear seat area.
After some investigation, the previous owner(s) have messed around with the cd changer. The bracket was loose, this was rubbing on one of the speaker wires. It eventually rubbed down to wire and has earthed out.
Unfortunately it caused this to happen to the Bose amplifier....

[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Anyone got one kicking around?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts