Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would make a post for people to share their discoveries on the MK3's hidden features.
Would love to hear what Audi has kept quite

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Electric Front Seats.
When you click on the info for why you would want to £995.00 for them all you get is.
"Electrical seat adjustment makes adjusting the seat to find an ergonomic seat position easier and enhances seat comfort
Includes adjustment for height, forwards and backwards position and backrest angle"

Even the manual it's very easy to miss what they really do.

What you really get is very cool.
They give the Super Sports seats air pockets.
You can set up the Lumber support just to your needs, but what I really like is.....

The side Bolsters on the seats you can increase so they lock you in place so you have no lateral movement. Once you open your door the air is released. (you cannot hear it)
As soon as you start driving the car the side bolsters fill, locking you in place :D

I love them and I had no idea until I read the manual fully.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
A couple of things I noticed recently.

The interior lights can be dimmed if you touch and hold. It's in the manual but easily overlooked.

I have the non-smoking pack and as such have a 12v socket in the boot. I thought that was the only socket and only got one in the car if you had the smoking pack, even bought a new electric tyre pump with a longer lead to reach the front while connected in the boot.

Imagine my surprise when I recently just noticed I still had a 12v socket under the arm rest. Doh!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Was surprised by this, car will tell you if you leave your phone connected.

Attachments

Reactions: Micheal Knight

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
I would love the phone warning as I always leave the phone in the box.
I had a look this morning and could not see it, just read the manual and again could not see it.

I am on a 64 plate has this come in on 17 plate+? or could you do a dummy guide to the options please.

Thank you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nyxx said:
I had a look this morning and could not see it, just read the manual and again could not see it.

I am on a 64 plate has this come in on 17 plate+? or could you do a dummy guide to the options please.

Thank you.
I think it's a new feature. My first Mk 3 (2015 MY) didn't do this but my new one does... It's quite useful!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
mustremembermylogin said:
Nyxx said:

Thank you.
I think it's a new feature. My first Mk 3 (2015 MY) didn't do this but my new one does... It's quite useful!
Thanks I will stop looking :) or would that be a :( ..... :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's a shame Audi don't seem to offer updates as there are definitely improvements in the MMI software.

Using Napster, for example, is a lot less 'clunky' than before (although it doesn't improve my music taste! :D )

·
Registered
864 Posts
It's a shame Audi don't seem to offer updates as there are definitely improvements in the MMI software.

Using Napster, for example, is a lot less 'clunky' than before (although it doesn't improve my music taste! :D )
Agree major frustration. I want the beeps for speed cameras :oops:

·
Registered
356 Posts

So what happens if you choose System Update in the Maintenance settings menu ? Does it always say nothing is available?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found out about this one online - Holding down on the unlock button on your key will open the driver and passenger window. Holding down on the lock button will close them. You need to be 2m from the vehicle unfortunately. Would have been a useful feature for the summer if you could activate it from a longer range.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sukrw said:
This is a good feature but definitely works further than 2m away from the car. I've been over 10m and it still works.
4433allanr said:
Works from well over 10m away, more like 40 on mine.
That's good to hear. I thought it was a bit useless from that distance.
I'm looking forward to trying it out when I pick mine up!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
sukrw said:
This is a good feature but definitely works further than 2m away from the car. I've been over 10m and it still works.
I'd say that's very debateable - I had my key fob in my back pocket, sat down in my office at work and unbeknown to me, my windows had now opened. This was on my RS3 BTW. It was only when someone came rushing in to tell me they'd just chased off someone getting into my car that I worked out what had happened. Then with my TTS, I put the keys down in an upstairs room at home - yep, managed to sit down on them and then had a neighbour knock on my door to tell me I'd left my windows open and it was pissing with rain. Thankfully, it had only just started to rain. So, you can keep this little feature Audi. It would be OK if it only worked when in close proximity to the car, but that first instance with my RS3 I was a good 30 yards from the car and not even in a direct line of sight. I turned it off straight away after that, but forgot about it when I got the TTS of course. It's disabled now!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Maybe just don't keep sitting on your keys? :p

It's not an Audi feature. Both my M235i and Z4 did it too.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My JCW plus others had it too. Great feature, never had an issue with it.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts