Audi TT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Macauley said:
digital_dreamer said:
Sadly I don't have vdcs wish I did but it's a much for the cable just for stop start :(
You can get a carista or OBDeleven for a fraction of the price. Best £15 I've ever spent on this car (so far :p )

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/r ... 2Bb8MKSG8Q
Thanks going to order one later! £15 is a bargain. For some reason i had it in my mind it didn't support IOS.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
digital_dreamer said:
Macauley said:
digital_dreamer said:
Sadly I don't have vdcs wish I did but it's a much for the cable just for stop start :(
You can get a carista or OBDeleven for a fraction of the price. Best £15 I've ever spent on this car (so far :p )

Thanks going to order one later! £15 is a bargain. For some reason i had it in my mind it didn't support IOS.
It does have a subscription however, but you can sign up to their beta testing and then get it for free for a month. You do get a month for free with the device anyway so you may not need to do that.

Beta testing link: https://caristaapp.com/p/beta

·
Registered
346 Posts
KevC said:
After 2 years of ownership I've just realised there's a sort of large plastic paperclip on the seatbelt strap that you can slide up to the top to stop the clip itself from sliding down between the seat and door making it easier to get hold of when you get in!!! :)
Don't know if it's also the intended purpose, but I use it to give a little slack across the horizontal waist section when I'm driving with the seatbelt plugged in. It prevents shirt creases, yet the clip's loose enough to push back out of the way if the belt needs to do its stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
You can 't push the button up. It was a joke. I just wondered how many would be going out there and trying it. :lol:[/quote]

didnt know if the button could be pushed up or not but i was going to try today !

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Macauley said:
It does have a subscription however, but you can sign up to their beta testing and then get it for free for a month. You do get a month for free with the device anyway so you may not need to do that.

Beta testing link: https://caristaapp.com/p/beta
I'm beta testing at the moment - I will say that most of the customisations dont work - I did get visual rear sensors, laptimer, no of indicator flashes and timeout on coming home lights working, but thats about it.

If youre thinking of buying maybe wait until the betas done and everything works - unless youre willing to join in the beta

·
Registered
851 Posts
KevC said:
After 2 years of ownership I've just realised there's a sort of large plastic paperclip on the seatbelt strap that you can slide up to the top to stop the clip itself from sliding down between the seat and door making it easier to get hold of when you get in!!! :)
Thanks, this helped me as i couldn't figure out why it was suddenly happening!! clip moved up now and it doesn't get stuck between my seat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Macauley said:
digital_dreamer said:

Which features have you changed with Carista? I picked one up but don't see much of value in the available options (I chose the 1 month free trial). Would love to hear of something I'm missing!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Someone please tell me what's wrong with start stop? Why on earth would you code something out permanently which aids with fuel consumption.

There are two, simple ways to stop it coming on. Be in dynamic/sport mode. Or you hold the brake gently when at a stop, and if it. Looks like you might be stopped a while, just push down a bit harder and it will kick in. Simples!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Start/stop does not save fuel unless you stop for more than 30-60s (general figure, may vary car to car). Starting the engine takes quite a bit of energy (fuel and electricity) to make it an obvious fuel-saver deal. That does not take into account extra wear the machine suffers at each spin-up. I have nothing against that gizmo, as long as it is default-off.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Does the RS have stop-start? I can't remember the last time it ever kicked in on mine, even when I've been stopped in traffic when it would actually be useful. Maybe I turned it off in individual mode, if it's possible, or something to do with one of the 'dynamic' options.

·
Registered
346 Posts
WL80 said:
Start/stop does not save fuel unless you stop for more than 30-60s (general figure, may vary car to car). Starting the engine takes quite a bit of energy (fuel and electricity) to make it an obvious fuel-saver deal. That does not take into account extra wear the machine suffers at each spin-up. I have nothing against that gizmo, as long as it is default-off.
Similar equation for environmental impact?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I'd guess yes. When you star your engine, everything is off-spec for short time. The momentary load is very high - imperfect combustion, temperature, etc. In that short time (1-2s) I'd guess emissions comply to blast furnace standards from 1709 ;)
The energy engine starter uses also comes from somewhere. It is a 1s load going up to 250-600A depending on engine. Car must pump this energy back to battery too.

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
powerplay said:
I disabled start-stop permanently purely because

1) There is no user-accessible way to default it to off
2) It's F**ing annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
WL80 said:
I'd guess yes. When you star your engine, everything is off-spec for short time. The momentary load is very high - imperfect combustion, temperature, etc. In that short time (1-2s) I'd guess emissions comply to blast furnace standards from 1709 ;)
The energy engine starter uses also comes from somewhere. It is a 1s load going up to 250-600A depending on engine. Car must pump this energy back to battery too.
I'd love to know what the threshold is in the number of seconds-since-stopped (with "normal" temperatures etc) when auto cut-off makes sense both from the environmental and economical perspective.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts