81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
powerplay said:
I disabled start-stop permanently purely because

1) There is no user-accessible way to default it to off
2) It's F**ing annoying.
Did you manage to do it with the Carista unit you picked up?

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
TRTT said:
powerplay said:

2) It's F**ing annoying.
Sorry not sure what you mean?

I did it using VCDS following the advice in the Audi byte and bit thread :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
powerplay said:
TRTT said:
powerplay said:

2) It's F**ing annoying.
Sorry not sure what you mean?

I did it using VCDS following the advice in the Audi byte and bit thread :)
Sorry - I confused you with somebody else. Good to know you used VCDS though - thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
WL80 said:
Start/stop does not save fuel unless you stop for more than 30-60s (general figure, may vary car to car). Starting the engine takes quite a bit of energy (fuel and electricity) to make it an obvious fuel-saver deal. That does not take into account extra wear the machine suffers at each spin-up. I have nothing against that gizmo, as long as it is default-off.
According to this video anything longer than 7 seconds idle means wasted fuel. Compared to stopping then starting the engine

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi all,

Received my Carista OBD in the post today and enabled a couple of bits and bobs. Worth noting it sometimes turns other settings off so I had to go back into the VC and re-enable my LED comfort lighting and folding mirrors.

Edit: Interestingly most of what could be enabled was already enabled on my model.

I could see no sign of the reversing sensor graphic for the VC or anything about altering the dial graphics. Are these in there or part of the beta test?

Edit: Joined the beta and have now been able to activate the rear reversing graphic which is very useful. Not sure why it's hidden away. Not been able to change any of the dial graphics though. There are options for carbon fibre etc but they don't seem to work.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Good video about stop/start:

Also with councils now putting in fines for engines being left idle and the benefits of reduction in pollution in cities especially (although it may not be very much) I am all for stop/start, at least it's not electric aye!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Reasty said:
On the roadster if you open the drivers door on the leading edge is a button with a picture of a car with what looks like wifi above it,if you press the button it deactivates the movement sensors inside the car so you can park with the roof open and lock the car without the alarm keep going off,it always reactivates the next time you start the car,maybe not a hidden feature but i only found it the other day and ive had the car 5 months :lol:
Does this exist on the 2019 TTRS Coupe (US version)? I cannot find the button...

·
Registered
161 Posts
ross_t_boss said:
Does the RS have stop-start? I can't remember the last time it ever kicked in on mine, even when I've been stopped in traffic when it would actually be useful. Maybe I turned it off in individual mode, if it's possible, or something to do with one of the 'dynamic' options.
Sorry to thread-necro, but my 2019 TTRS (US) does not have stop-start.

I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I wish that it did have it when driving in Comfort mode. We've seen coding to disable start-stop; I wonder, is there coding to enable it?

Unfortunately, I occasionally find myself stuck in traffic, and it would be nice to reduce fuel consumption / emissions a bit during that time spent sitting still...

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
The coding to "disable" it is a hack. You change the battery voltage below which it will not activate.
Obviously having the engine stop when you have a low battery is undesirable as it may not start again!

So, if you set the voltage to a higher value (e.g. from default 7.6 to 12.0 as recommended), the system is still "enabled" but never kick in.

I assume on the US model you never see the Autostart logo on the VC at all, and don't have the button on the console to manually enable/disable either?
On would assume there is some coding for this, but I'm going to assume it's probably NOT the hack described above.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
powerplay said:
Wanting to actually add stop-start has got to be a first :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed.

Here's a circuit to automatically disable it on start for a MK7 golf.
I'd imagine a very similar, if not identical, mod should be possible for the TT.

·
Registered
161 Posts
ZephyR2 said:
powerplay said:
The other man's grass is always greener. :mrgreen:
The fact of the matter is that I just want the option of enabling it, when I want it. Have you ever driven in NYC? Standing still in traffic is a major aspect of the experience! If I could enable it when I want, it would save me some fuel and emissions in city driving, which is a fact of life for me, at least one day each week.

More generally, I wish I understood why on an $80k vehicle there are features, included on other less expensive versions, that I am not allowed to have. These were not even available in the configurator; no way to order the car with them!

• No stop/start (the cheapo Mini I rented last month had this)[/*]
  • No button to enable/disable hold assist[/*]
  • No matrix led headlights[/*]
  • No high beam assist[/*]
  • No active lane assist (my wife's Subaru has this)[/*]
  • No button to enable/disable internal motion sensors (I had this on my 2001)[/*]
  • No adaptive cruise control (my wife's Subaru has this)[/*]
  • etc.[/*]

·
Registered
330 Posts
spidey3 said:
ZephyR2 said:
powerplay said:
The other man's grass is always greener. :mrgreen:
The fact of the matter is that I just want the option of enabling it, when I want it. Have you ever driven in NYC? Standing still in traffic is a major aspect of the experience! If I could enable it when I want, it would save me some fuel and emissions in city driving, which is a fact of life for me, at least one day each week.

More generally, I wish I understood why on an $80k vehicle there are features, included on other less expensive versions, that I am not allowed to have. These were not even available in the configurator; no way to order the car with them!

• No stop/start (the cheapo Mini I rented last month had this)[/*]
  • No button to enable/disable hold assist[/*]
  • No matrix led headlights[/*]
  • No high beam assist[/*]
  • No active lane assist (my wife's Subaru has this)[/*]
  • No button to enable/disable internal motion sensors (I had this on my 2001)[/*]
  • No adaptive cruise control (my wife's Subaru has this)[/*]
  • etc.[/*]
You forgot - no electric seats with memory for each driver!

81 - 100 of 105 Posts