Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have an Audi TTS which Im into about a year of the hire purchase. Anyone know if I can put a bodkykit on it now or do i have to wait til i've bought it outright? any info will be really helpful..

Thanks

Chirag

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Not sure why you would want to change the TTS bodykit, I think it looks great as is. Maybe if like me you just have a standard TT it would make more sense. In terms of what your lease/finance agreement is then you would for starters invalidate your insurance and since it is not 100% yours then there may be some issues there. A lease company would want you to tell them even if you put a tow-bar on, let along a new bodykit. I guess it just depends whether you are 100% going to buy the car and what the agreed terms are.

You have a very nice TTS and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what I thought, well i was actually after putting the caractere bodykit on it with lambo doors but i think i'll wait til I buy it outright cos its looks really nice as it is right now, thanks :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
There is a lot of people that don't like the Caratere bodykit as it is a imitation R8. I like everything bar the side air-scoop's/side blanes on that kit. It does look nice but for the same reason I wouldn't put a TTS bodykit on my car its just making it something its not. Again the same with the lambo doors but personally I think they are cool :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol I know what you mean but for me personally there's something very nice about that bodykit, and same here i love the lambo doors. if the doors had a complete frame though id like to get the gullwing doors think they'd look good :) but not possible

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I think we can safely say gullwing doors are not an option lol Well I think if you are serious about the kit then its best to check with who ever you are taking the finance with. Im sure they wont mind especially if you keep the original in case you don't pay the ballon or GFV at the end and just revert it back to the standard TTS. Best to look into it properly or you could have some major issues.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I just realised its a Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) not HP does this make a difference?
PCP and the car is registered to the owner/driver
HP, the car is registered to the leasing company.

If you plan on refinancing at the 3yrs point then you can do what you want to it. Im not if not though as they have agreed to buy it back from you. I presume it would have to be handed back as it was when you took delivery, but im unsure. You would have to check the paperwork

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Mitchy said:
I just realised its a Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) not HP does this make a difference?
PCP and the car is registered to the owner/driver
HP, the car is registered to the leasing company.

If you plan on refinancing at the 3yrs point then you can do what you want to it. Im not if not though as they have agreed to buy it back from you. I presume it would have to be handed back as it was when you took delivery, but im unsure. You would have to check the paperwork
With traditional personal HP, the car is registered to the keeper. If the car is leased, then obviously it is registered to the leasing company.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If its a PCP, it will have a MGFV attached to it (minimum guaranteed future value). This will be severely compromised by amending the car and your contract will likely to be void. You could then be liable for the full amount.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Chirag

I spoke to Audi about this recently (wanting to add the OEM body kit) and they said as long as it is an Audi product and enhances the car and is fitted and painted by them it should increase the value of the car and is acceptable.

Hope this helps

Dave [smiley=freak.gif]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
brilliant! u guys have really helped i will have a word with audi but that has cleared up and confirmed a few things i initially thought. I was looking at getting the work done by the TT shop in bedford, u guys rekon audi would charge more for fitting? has anyone had any experience with the TT shop? anyway thanks again guys really helped!!

p.s. I am planning on refinancing at end of 3 years to buy it outright, :) i love it too much its everything i want, a white TTS with red and black nappa leather interior, and most of the available extras :) plus i still cant get over how many heads it turns from the second i pull out of my drive :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oooo plus one more thing i was thinking of changing was the grille was thinking the OSIR grille or these chrome and black grilles (thought it would look good with these black and red alloys i wanted to get from Project Kahn... jus thought id share lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.