Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys finally got my Honeycombe Grill..... only thing im not sure about is the badge holder seems to make the badge stick out/up too far?!

but without the holder the badge on its own doesn't quite look right, i know a few others have this grill so any suggestions welcome?

(also going to have the outside painted red to match the car)

without the badge holder

With

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
K3GNM said:
Forgot to ask, did you have to remove the front bumper to get the old grill off and get this one on?
No, just take off your engine covers, then take off the panel below them with 5 or 6 torx screws holding it in then you can get your hand in behind to release the lugs that hold the grill in place.

cheers

Stewart

·
Registered
595 Posts
OeTT said:
K3GNM said:
Forgot to ask, did you have to remove the front bumper to get the old grill off and get this one on?
No, just take off your engine covers, then take off the panel below them with 5 or 6 torx screws holding it in then you can get your hand in behind to release the lugs that hold the grill in place.

cheers

Stewart
Nice one, that looks easy enough :)

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
The problem with the badge holder is it makes the badge point up at to much of an angle :( so what I did was to cut it on an angle from top to bottom leaving it about 5 mm at the bottom and full thickness at the top :idea:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah that's actually quite a good idea..... didn't think about cutting the holder down :p

got any pics of yours with the badge holder modified?

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
MRBTT666 said:
yeah that's actually quite a good idea..... didn't think about cutting the holder down :p

got any pics of yours with the badge holder modified?
Sorry i dont but it defo changed the look of the rings they look 100% better

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honeycomb Grill (with cut down badge holder) and V6 Spoiler Painted and Fitted....look great and really changes the appearance of the car :D :p 8)

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
MRBTT666 said:
Honeycomb Grill (with cut down badge holder) and V6 Spoiler Painted and Fitted....look great and really changes the appearance of the car :D :p 8)

I didn't cut mine bown more cut it to sitban an angle :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Looking good mate, like the way you have CC the grill. The spoiler add on fits nicely by the looks of it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spoiler was a pain to get it to fit right but worth the effort in the end...... wasn't sure about the grill at first but love it now its painted and fitted.

·
Registered
15,056 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a badge-less grille and quite like the look of the honeycomb one (my goodness -discovering eBay.de TT searches has opened a HUGE bag of worms !)
Is the honeycomb grille made of ABS or metal ?
If it is ABS - has anyone got a metal honeycomb grille fitted ?
Found a few things (like the metal grille) quite a bit cheaper on the .de site than the .co.uk ...

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Most of us have the abs German eBay grill. I bought some metal honeycomb grill from Poland but the individual cells were too small. The extra bonus is you get a free pack of haribo :)
Stewart

·
Registered
15,056 Posts
Yeah the ones on eBay Ive been looking at do seem have quite small cells, is it just the appearance of the larger cells that you prefer ? Or is there any other reason for not wanting small cells. I know I like the idea of having a metal grille ...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts