Audi TT Forum banner

Hotels near oxford - HELP!

299 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  cuTTsy 
#1 ·
Anyone got any good recommendations for hotels with a good restaurant (not too fancy, but good) in the oxford area?

#2 ·
There's a Malmaison and a MacDonald in the centre, both with good restaurants. You can also book rooms at Le Manoir but that might be on the wrong side of "fancy"... ;)

Depending on what you're after, there are a number of middle-of-the-road restaurants around the centre too if you don't mind wandering out from the hotel...

#3 ·
QuackingPlums said:
There's a Malmaison and a MacDonald in the centre, both with good restaurants. You can also book rooms at Le Manoir but that might be on the wrong side of "fancy"... ;)

Depending on what you're after, there are a number of middle-of-the-road restaurants around the centre too if you don't mind wandering out from the hotel...
Thanks for that! Any others more on the outskirts?

#4 ·
I stayed in the Kingswell Hotel in Didcot last month on business.

Its a nice 16th century barn with a quaint little pub and restraunt. No leasure facilities, but the rooms are large, tastefully decorated and well kept.

Food was amazing although a tad pricey (but it didn't matter as work was paying!) They have a huge menu and all what I had was delicious.

I can certainly recommend it providing you don't want anything "large chain type" or need the leasure facilities.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I would avoid the Oxford Spires Hotel, and if you are eating in Oxford don't be tempted to go to Gee's Restaurant in the Banbury Road;
tiny portions, too expensive, limited menu - but they do deal with
'problems' well :p All In My Opion of course :roll:

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.