Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work on wednesday and a colleague came running in saying that someone had bumped my TT and just driven off!!!! :evil:

So i went running out and HE ( i am a she!) had left a 8" dent and scratch on my wheel arch! (Thanks matey!)

My colleague said that he had tried to get out of the way of another car, bumped into mine and then had just driven off!!!

(Probably because he has a knackered old 1997 van and wouldnt even notice another dent!)
How dare he even go near my TT, let alone actually bump unto it!!!

Anyway luckily my colleague managed to get his registration number! Phew! :)

I'm angry that he just left as i would never do that! Or does that make me too honest? :?:

Jeana

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Too honest....No. As a victim of a hit and run (by a drunk driver none the less) I know how you feel. I hope you get it repaired back to your standards and they shove a pineapple up that guys ass. :lol:

·
Registered
653 Posts
You're lucky you got the reg, I hope he pays for the damage.

A few years ago my car (not the TT thank goodness) was park on a country lane near my local train station where I got the train to work. When I got back, someone had driven right down the side that was facing the road and driven off without leaving any details.

The car was only worth a couple of grand so it was a write off, and I lost two years no claims because of it.

You're not too honest at all. People who do that are the lowest scum in my book!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecko2702 said:
Too honest....No. As a victim of a hit and run (by a drunk driver none the less) I know how you feel. I hope you get it repaired back to your standards and they shove a pineapple up that guys ass. :lol:
Sorry to hear that, there are some nasty people about!!

I was sooooo angry, good job i didn't see him as although i am generaly very ladylike, i dont think i would of been then!! :x

·
Registered
119 Posts
make sure you report it to police as hit and run, otherwise insurance wont be happy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doober said:
make sure you report it to police as hit and run, otherwise insurance wont be happy.
I was straight on the phone to the police and its all in the hands of the insurance company now! :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm getting paranoid about leaving my TT anywhere. There are so many people driving old cars that couldnt care less about another ding or scratch... makes me sooooo mad [smiley=bomb.gif]

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Thundercat said:
I'm getting paranoid about leaving my TT anywhere. There are so many people driving old cars that couldnt care less about another ding or scratch... makes me sooooo mad [smiley=bomb.gif]
Hey, let me tell ya, it's not just old cars, it's often women (sorry, but that's my real life observation) getting kids and shopping into posh, huge 4x4s that are parked (due to their size) right up against you. I've also seen women allow shopping trollies to roll up against other people's cars. I recently had a dent in my TT door (now removed) after a woman had allowed her kid to get into her Merc even though it was an impossible gap that SHE had left. When it comes to hit and run, sure, blokes are just as much to blame. But my point is, it's not just drivers of old cars who are happy to ding your car.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Gutted for you :-( I am getting mine repaired on Monday through Audi - don't let the insurance fob you off with using one of their approved centres - insist on Audi as they "paint chip" the paint to match it to what it is now rather than blindly following a paintcode.

Charlie

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Some nob has scuffed my bumper recently. No note or anything. So inconsiderate.

If the damage is bad enough, call Helphire [smiley=pimp2.gif]. They'll arrange chasing the git down and charging his insurance for your repairs and a nice car while it's done. They'll only do it if the repairs will take a day to do. Still, worth giving them a try.

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
to be honest ( :oops: :oops: ) if you were to get a shotgun and let him have both barrels on his bum from close range,, then yes that could maybe be viewed by some magistrates as a little excessive

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
How angry? . . . really F angry!
Over Xmas, I was doing my Mum a good deed (her shopping at Tesco :-* ) and came out to find an old guy looking closely at my car. Fearing that the old dodder had run into, I wa ready to give it verbals when he tells me that a woman in a Landy had struck my car whilst reversing and just driven off! :x

He was so surprised he forgot to note her reg ( :? ) so it left me with a nice little bill over the busiest (most expensive) part of the year! :x :x

Made me think though . . did she bump me then thought "I'm outta here" or worse, that she didn't even realise that she'd hit something - thank God, it wasn't a small child . . stupid (dangerous) cow!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dash said:
Some nob has scuffed my bumper recently. No note or anything. So inconsiderate.

If the damage is bad enough, call Helphire [smiley=pimp2.gif]. They'll arrange chasing the git down and charging his insurance for your repairs and a nice car while it's done. They'll only do it if the repairs will take a day to do. Still, worth giving them a try.
Strangely enough his insurance company is the same as mine!! (and at least he was insured!) So hopefully that should make things easier??

Im going to Audi Preston for the insurance quote.

·
Registered
145 Posts
rabTT said:
How angry? . . . really F angry!
Over Xmas, I was doing my Mum a good deed (her shopping at Tesco :-* ) and came out to find an old guy looking closely at my car. Fearing that the old dodder had run into, I wa ready to give it verbals when he tells me that a woman in a Landy had struck my car whilst reversing and just driven off! :x

He was so surprised he forgot to note her reg ( :? ) so it left me with a nice little bill over the busiest (most expensive) part of the year! :x :x

Made me think though . . did she bump me then thought "I'm outta here" or worse, that she didn't even realise that she'd hit something - thank God, it wasn't a small child . . stupid (dangerous) cow!
I haved started parking at the BACK of the car park in asda/tescos. Think about all the extra exercise! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
jeana13 said:
Strangely enough his insurance company is the same as mine!! (and at least he was insured!) So hopefully that should make things easier??

Im going to Audi Preston for the insurance quote.
That is a stroke of luck as should be a lot easier to sort :wink:

(hope the owner gets what's owned for not reporting the accident)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Good point pij but don't you still sometimes find that the TT is like a magnet and find someone parked next to you by the time you've come out? :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rabTT said:
Good point pij but don't you still sometimes find that the TT is like a magnet and find someone parked next to you by the time you've come out? :roll: :lol:
I find that too! So now I park in the parent and child wider spaces at Tesco. I do have a child but don't take him shopping, so im only cheating a little bit! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
rabTT said:
True that!!!! :?

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
jeana13 said:
rabTT said:
I find that too! So now I park in the parent and child wider spaces at Tesco. I do have a child but don't take him shopping, so im only cheating a little bit! :)
at least i think you are joking , i once had an incident where a woman told me, in all seriousness that she should get the space i had just parked in, why i said, beause i have a child, i cant see it i says , well of course you cant its at home with its father !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Angry annoyed fuming...............there all ok to feel hun

I f'ing hate people like this, i experienced this just over a week ago but with my 306........... thank god it wasn't my TT as there would of been a murder :evil:

But the guy who bumped into me attended the body tone i go to, i confronted him and he just fobbed me off saying he was more concerned about curbing his alloys and he didn't reverse into me even though there was black paint all over his bumper................. i was fuming............what about my car!!!!!! Grrrrrr!!! He had reversing sensors too.............W***** springs to mind

He damaged his own car more than mine but i just hate people like that, no respect for other people or their property at all and i just hated he looked down on me cos i was in my 306 which prob isnt even worth more that his alloys and he was in his 80k merc.................grrrr!!! But still an evil, nasty person, all i think is that Karma will get him one day, he cant go round bullying people just cos he has a flash big car

He went in the class last night and left even before the class had finished.................guilty springs to mind

Hope u get it sorted hun, good luck

Shell

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.