Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my mini DV recorder the other day but I am struggling to find a way to mount it inside the car. For those of you who have one how have you mounted it? (pic's if possible please) here's the one I bought which a number of brackets etc.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Hi les , ive got a Davidg bracket and i clipped it onto that facing outwards of course. Ive also fastened it to the front grill using tie wraps but it was trial and error finding the right angle to view the road but when i sussed it it was like watching Police Camera Action but without the sirens !! .
Im thinking of trying to attach it to the number plate somehow to get a view from the rear . Should pick up the v^ sound track then as well !! :roll:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hi Les,
You will have to be particulary careful with all the 1.8 power not ripping it off...... :p

But I mounted mine on rear number plate using crude effort with elastic bands, good firm mount but as Stig the problem is correct angle, I got some great footage..............of the sky. :roll:

My intention is to use some velcro (male and female) and stick it on body. The camera is fun , but sadly it's actually TOO small...

Mounting inside the car, I have old sat nav mount that I can elastic band it too and mount somewhere on glass. 8)

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the stig said:
Hi les , ive got a Davidg bracket and i clipped it onto that facing outwards of course. Ive also fastened it to the front grill using tie wraps but it was trial and error finding the right angle to view the road but when i sussed it it was like watching Police Camera Action but without the sirens !! .
Im thinking of trying to attach it to the number plate somehow to get a view from the rear . Should pick up the v^ sound track then as well !! :roll:
Cheers for that. I also have the Dave G TomTom one bracket but there s bloody great lump of plastic on the back which cant be removed and its preventing me fitting the DV to it :(

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jaqcom said:
Hi Les,
You will have to be particulary careful with all the 1.8 power not ripping it off...... :p

But I mounted mine on rear number plate using crude effort with elastic bands, good firm mount but as Stig the problem is correct angle, I got some great footage..............of the sky. :roll:

My intention is to use some velcro (male and female) and stick it on body. The camera is fun , but sadly it's actually TOO small...

Mounting inside the car, I have old sat nav mount that I can elastic band it too and mount somewhere on glass. 8)
Might try and see if I can mount it with an elastic band on my Sat Nav mount then but not sure I can.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Les

I made an extra little bracket and in conjunction with one of the supplied brackets that came with the Mini DV, I attached it to my Steve Schwing centre jobbie where I've got my Tom Tom mounted.

TIP: When you record on your mini DV, transfer the recording to a folder on your hard drive and play it back from there using Windows media player. If you play it back straight from the device it's poor, darkish, not smooth and jerky and you will look like you are doing 5 mph. The other advantage of playing back the recording on Windows media player is that you can adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. This is essential IMO as the Mini DV records too dark for my liking.

Otherwise it's OK for £20. I intend to also use it to record happenings around my parked car. There's a clip that comes with it which enables you to clip it practically anywhere inside the car.

Joe

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTCool said:
Les

I made an extra little bracket and in conjunction with one of the supplied brackets that came with the Mini DV, I attached it to my Steve Schwing centre jobbie where I've got my Tom Tom mounted.

TIP: When you record on your mini DV, transfer the recording to a folder on your hard drive and play it back from there using Windows media player. If you play it back straight from the device it's poor, darkish, not smooth and jerky and you will look like you are doing 5 mph. The other advantage of playing back the recording on Windows media player is that you can adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. This is essential IMO as the Mini DV records too dark for my liking.

Otherwise it's OK for £20. I intend to also use it to record happenings around my parked car. There's a clip that comes with it which enables you to clip it practically anywhere inside the car.

Joe
Cheers for the advice Joe much appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got mine the other day, spent a while looking around inside the car and found that there is a viser above the rearview mirror(which i didn't know was there).The mini dv clips nicely on that, for a temporary place.

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T3RBO said:
I heard that clipping it to a headband works remarkably well... but remember to take it off before you pee :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snappy said:
Got mine the other day, spent a while looking around inside the car and found that there is a viser above the rearview mirror(which i didn't know was there).The mini dv clips nicely on that, for a temporary place.
That's an idea, never thought of that, must give it a try.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Les,
I have mounted it on the back of my sat nav holder using one of the brackets that came with the camera. I basically attached it to the back of the bolt that holds my Tom Tom bracket to the vent surround. Hope that makes sense.

Saj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.