Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just done about 155 miles on £24 of petrol and the reserve light still hasn't come on :D :eek:

Has anyone done better?

+

Whats the worst fuel econ you have ever had? :roll:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i brim'd mine the day of the essex meet, drove from clacton to the other side of colchester about 25-30miles and i got the DIS to read 550 miles remaining :p That takes some serious driving to get it to read that high :lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I had a wee trip to Blackpool on Friday,come back on Monday and 440 to a tank which i thought that was ok.

If i was taking it easy then maybe more to the gallon...

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
badyaker said:
42.0 mpg, average. Get in.
Get in? Fook off, more like! :wink: :lol:

Seriously, 42mpg? I'm struggling to think how you'd do that. As a self-dare once I did a tank without going over 3Krpm or 70mph. Unfortunately traffic conditions that week weren't ideal, but even so my normal 32 went up to about 34. But hell's bells it was hard work gently accelerating and keeping to the limit. Think I'd happily lose a few MPG to enjoy driving. :p

Fair play though; 42mpg is awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
ecko2702 said:
I get about 19MPG. But I do a lot of city driving and I think something is wrong with my car :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with your car Joe, just your right foot

You need to mellow out on your music, less FFDP and more zero 7 :lol:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Mondo said:
badyaker said:
42.0 mpg, average. Get in.
Get in? Fook off, more like! :wink: :lol:

Seriously, 42mpg? I'm struggling to think how you'd do that. As a self-dare once I did a tank without going over 3Krpm or 70mph. Unfortunately traffic conditions that week weren't ideal, but even so my normal 32 went up to about 34. But hell's bells it was hard work gently accelerating and keeping to the limit. Think I'd happily lose a few MPG to enjoy driving. :p

Fair play though; 42mpg is awesome.
46 average on my tank doing 50 -60 all motorway driving done 300 mile to half a tank lol dont think anyone believes me but i swear its true! i think the dis on the dashpod is a liar so can anyone work out what 300 mile to half a tank works out at?

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Dance171 said:
so can anyone work out what 300 mile to half a tank works out at?
Allowing 13 gallons to a full tank, 46.15...........................unlikely :lol:

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
46!!! WTF's going on here?!? 300 miles on 1/2 a tank? Git... I get 400 before I feel the need to pull in. I don't trust the fuel gauge as far as I can throw it - which isn't far, given it's attached to a TT. :roll: But 400 miles and, when I fill up, the most I've put in is 61 litres which, for a 62-litre tank, is about as far as I want to push it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
300 mile is what i honestly got lol! think my dashpod may be on its way out lol?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
as i say this was all motor way at 50-60! normally i dont do motorway driving and get about 300 miles to a full tank with the way i drive! :)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
triplefan said:
ecko2702 said:
I get about 19MPG. But I do a lot of city driving and I think something is wrong with my car :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with your car Joe, just your right foot

You need to mellow out on your music, less FFDP and more zero 7 :lol:
:lol: :lol: You caught me. I do have some rather mellow music stuff that I don't tell people I listen to :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
56 is the optimum for fuel effiecency they recon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.