Audi TT Forum banner

Is your BT on the Road right now? and Drivable?

• Yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with a fair few BT's on here, (more than there ever used to be) All i ever see is them off the road for one reason or another. It makes me SAD [smiley=bigcry.gif] seems like there isn't a BT out there that is a workhorse, and once fitted been fine for years.

I wonder if it's more a case of spending alot of money, realising you have lost reliability and then selling up... seen a few go down this route.

so is your BT on the road right now.. (no excuses. just a simple yes or no) and if no what is wrong with it....

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
:roll:

Which is better a 225 or a V6 ?

Should I mod my 180 ?

:wink:

If Tonys lovely lady reads this he's still on the **** but he's being a sneeky little fecker. :wink:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Mines never broken in nearly 2 years........ Its never left a garage either tho :roll: :lol:
I think I have to vote No [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Use my BT qs everynight "in my dreams" and its never let me down.....sometimes it fly's like the delorean in back to the future to... Just converted my flux capacitor to run on garbage and compost waste.. and she still runs like a dream... :p :p

Damien.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you post that last week was definitely NO, but i fix the car on weekend so it's Yes !

The reliability of BT depends on! 1) is the job that have been done, 2) the software you are running + hardware you use and 3) how you drive and use the car !

That is what I understand !

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Does being off the road for further development count as a reliability issue?
Surely not!

The only times that mine has been off the road has been for upgrades or development.
I've been to the Stelvio and back and then Luxembourg and back without a hitch so would consider mine as a reliable BT car.

Agreed it's not always used as a daily drive, but I've bought another car for that, so it comes out whenever I fancy nailing it around a bit!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VSPURS said:
Does being off the road for further development count as a reliability issue?
Surely not!

The only times that mine has been off the road has been for upgrades or development.
I've been to the Stelvio and back and then Luxembourg and back without a hitch so would consider mine as a reliable BT car.

Agreed it's not always used as a daily drive, but I've bought another car for that, so it comes out whenever I fancy nailing it around a bit!
But you have missed events because the car isn't ready.. or not running right.. it's kind of a shame to see people sign up for events and drop out because jobs are taking longer. car isn't ready.. it's off the road for something. I'm sure most BT's only ever go off the road for more upgrades. but some seem to be off the road for years.. others months.. it's just sad to see it at this time of the year...when all the shows are here that the cars are back off the road..

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
I think a lot of the 'improvements' that put BT builds off the road would be classed as maintenance in a normal car. If something's not working the way it's supposed to and you have to put it in the garage to have parts changed out in order to make it work right, I'd say that still counts as a reliability issue. I think a lot of BT owners would call it 'further developments' rather than admit that though.

'Reliable' doesn't just mean 'nothing has physically broken'

·
Premium Member
14,444 Posts
When I dared to asked a similar question sometime ago I was jumped all over on to suggest such a thing. ( re-stage 2 is it far enough). Amazing how things come round isn't it :roll:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
les said:
When I dared to asked a similar question sometime ago I was jumped all over on to suggest such a thing. ( re-stage 2 is it far enough). Amazing how things come round isn't it :roll:
sure is les.. i'm happy with my bonkerz stage 2.. nothing left to do.. it's finished.. (although that has caused a stirr)

seems like the hybrids don't have as much of an issue compared to BT's wonder if there is a reason for that too????

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
les said:
Age of person asking? :lol:
Love you really Les!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I think as long as the work is done well, and quality parts are used and no corners cut in the build, not to mention a map that brings the power in steadily and linear no stupid peaks stressing the engine. I don't see why it cannot be reliable. Once every aspect is considered, in the consequences of fitting a big turbo has been covered, in cooling etc. Testament is Neil qs....solid reliability and track day usage. :)
I personally would and will never go this way. Absolute over kill for me. I will be happy when i reach around or just under 300bhp....I just do not see the results for the amount of financial outlay? I think the mk1 or a bit lighter weight qs is very nice around the healthy 300bhp mark, with money spent on top notch chassis components. I would much rather put the 4.5k into another motor if i really wanted or needed that in my life. Not saying i don't love my qs cause i absolutely do....but how practical and usable are big turbo cars day to day? how often do you use that power....and where is all the power delivery in the rev range, do you really want to do mid 20's per mpg? And will the car be easy to sell when the time comes? Will i recoup all the money spent on the conversion? :? That's the questions i have and would ask myself?

I would like to say i totally admire and respect anyone who has gone this way....must be awesome, but its a question of sense over heart for me. :)
Damien.

Damien.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
les said:
sure is les.. i'm happy with my bonkerz stage 2.. nothing left to do.. it's finished.. (although that has caused a stirr)

seems like the hybrids don't have as much of an issue compared to BT's wonder if there is a reason for that too????
Yeah..... They dont run alot of power :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bikerz said:
tony_rigby_uk said:
les said:

Yeah..... They dont run alot of power :roll: :lol:
It's not about the power.. whats the point in having a BT TT to go to the shows in and see your TT mates if it's never on the bloody road... :roll: surly it's better to show up... than talk about whats up with it this time.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.