Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to replace the waterhoses to solve the wetness in the boot. We have already done the spoiler with new rubbers and new kit.

This hose still works:

The one on the other side is causing al the problems:

Ofcourse we're going to replace them both. I've asked the Audi-dealer to do this for me, but they haven't got any time.

The way to do it, is to remove the softtop. So my question is, has anyone ever removed their softtop?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be awesome. It's a common problem. I've become literally sick of all the wet mold in my Roadster. It's a weird system by the way, all the water gets in:

The driptrays collect the water, and then the water goes to the wheel arces through the hoses:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
DolomiteGreyTT said:
That would be awesome. It's a common problem. I've become literally sick of all the wet mold in my Roadster. It's a weird system by the way, all the water gets in:

The driptrays collect the water, and then the water goes to the wheel arces through the hoses:
Just some info for others, in picture 3 the cable that is hanging down( heated rear screen) on my old roadster it had become dislodged and was hanging outside the catch tray and the water dripped onto the cable and then missed the tray causing the boot and shelf to be soaking...it was a bitch to find the problem :x

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
paul_cymru said:
I've bought the new hoses but haven't fitted them yet ... I was planning to remove the storage box at the back of the boot to gain access to the top of the hose/drip tray?
No that won't work, you need to access them from the passenger compartment

SJ

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
390 Posts
ok, so ... going by the two manual pages above (from Hoggy's post), if you remove the trim panels behind the seats, can you get access then ... or is there more to it (besides removing the wheels and arch liner of course)?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same problem and managed to replace the hoses without removing the softtop. It can be done by using a piece of string through the new drainage tube and pulling it and the tube up through the bottom hole in the wheelwell (from inside the car.)
I'm sorry I don't have any pics or a better write-up of the procedure - but I can assure you it can be done (You'll need an assistant inside the car). There's a larger grommet up from the bottom hole which can be used to help guide the tube/catch the string. I covered my drainage tube in heat shrinkwrap to help prevent it perforating again - it also stiffens it up for guiding up through the bottom hole (ooh-er that sounds a bit fruity.)

Good luck - it is fiddly, but it is possible.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jhon said:
I had the same problem and managed to replace the hoses without removing the softtop. It can be done by using a piece of string through the new drainage tube and pulling it and the tube up through the bottom hole in the wheelwell (from inside the car.)
I'm sorry I don't have any pics or a better write-up of the procedure - but I can assure you it can be done (You'll need an assistant inside the car). There's a larger grommet up from the bottom hole which can be used to help guide the tube/catch the string. I covered my drainage tube in heat shrinkwrap to help prevent it perforating again - it also stiffens it up for guiding up through the bottom hole (ooh-er that sounds a bit fruity.)

Good luck - it is fiddly, but it is possible.
Thanks for the help! Good to hear it's not necessary to remove the softtop. Great idea to protect the drainage tubes from perforating!

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Show to with pics would be great if you could do one :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been busy today. First the shrinkwraps:

100 times better than the old ones:

Removing panels:

Tight work:

New hose:

Need to fit the new hose to this piece, with a rope:

First we put the rope in, then we started fishing for the rope:

Let's see, where's the rope:

There it is:

Like this:

Placing the hose:

Pulling the hose from above with the rope:

Finally fitted (right side of car on this pic)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts