Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have just signed up, may finally get myself a tt tomoz..... have been searching the net for a while about the 225 and am gonna wanna ask a few questions!!

car im looking at is 53 plate with about 50k miles on clock, has full service history.

cambelt changed 3 years/20k miles ago
has had coil packs replaced within last year
new frotn springs, apparently a common fault as water has no drain point from top of springs???
had a intermitent abs/esp fault, was traced to wire loom being squashed/broken in back of tt
2 front wheels are kerbed
3 lady owners from new
body and interior immaculate, only blemish is on filler cap
front discs are warped and need replacing - can anyone point me in direction of best/cheapest (bang for bucks) 4 pot conversion, may aswell if brakes shot!

any opinions/ input much appreciated

thanks

adam

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
Hi Adam, Welcome to the TTF. It looks as if you have most things covered, but here's my standard reply anyway.

Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i have looked at a few. its amazing how some people class their cars as mint. some are dicing with an engine failure with lose cambelts and others describe interior as mint with tears in the bolsters and say well its mint for its age!!! grrrr any pushes in rigth direction for the 4 pot callipers and brake discs. im just getting rid of my clio200 cup and am gonna miss the brakes thats for sure, hope the tt will prove just as tight as an 11 plate car. ive obviously been impressed with the drive of others in the past. roundabouts beware :lol:

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Welcome :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts