Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO LAST FRIDAY I COLLECTED MY BELOVED AUDI TT S-LINE.. LONG BEHOLD I THOUGHT MY IPOD/IPHONE CONNECTIVITY WAS UP.. AS IT ISNT PLAYING THROUGH THE SPEAKERS IN THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF MY CAR. I TURNED ALL SETTING INCLUDING BALANCE TO THE RIGHT AND SILENCE...

DEFINATELY THE IPHONE CONNECTIVITY AS THE AUXILLARY CABLE INPUT AND THE RADIO ALL PLAY THROUGH ALL THE SPEAKERS.. CONTACTED AUDI DEALERSHIP THEY SAID BRING IT IN 9AM TOMORROW.. SO I DID..
A PROFESSIONAL LOOKED AT IT QUESTIONED THE WOMAN WHO SOLD IT ME INFRONT OF ME WHILST TRYING TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM..

"THIS ISNT THE IPHONE CABLE WE USE IS IT?"
"YES SHE REPLIED"

"NO NO THIS CABLE IS A OLD ONE. WE SHOULDNT BE INSTALLING THESE ANYMORE'

:evil: THIS IS WHERE I SAW RED *AS THE WOMAN WHO SOLD ME THE CAR LOOKED AT ME IN HORROR*

SO... ITS BEEN ONE WEEK AND ITS BOOKED BACK IN TO HAVE A REWIRE FOR THE IPHONE CONNECTIVITY FRIDAY MORNING THEY SAID THEY WILL GIVE ME A COURTESY CAR FOR 3 HOURS THEY HAVE CLAIMED IT WILL TAKE...

WHATS DO I DO APART FROM RUN THE COURTESY CAR INTO THE F%&KING GROUND?

A) ASK FOR A FULL VALET AFTER INSTALLATION
B) ASK FOR SOME ALLOY CLEANER KIT OR SOMETHING AROUND THEM LINES FOR MY TROUBLE
C) SPEAK TO MANAGING DIRECTOR ABOUT HOW THIS SHOULD OF BEEN CHECKED BEFORE SALE - HAVE JUST THIS MORNING RECIEVED A LETTER FROM AUDI "AFTERCARE" SAYING: PLEASE DO NOT HESITTATE TO CONTACT ME FACE TO FACE OR CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES?!
YOURS SINCERELY .. MANAGING DIRECTOR..

ADVICE PLEASE PEOPLE XXX LOVE THIS FORUM YOU ARE ALL BRILLIANT

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No big deal. Chill. This is not the end of the world. Its not as if the side of the car is damaged. You'll get your car back and you'll be out enjoying it in no time.

Writing in caps also makes your post difficult to read.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
spenone said:
A) Ask for a full valet after installation
That's the last thing you would ever want - you'll probably end up with more swirls and marks from an uninterested monkey who's been told to give it a wipe with a dirty rag :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sorry, no idea what you're on about, with the caps lock I lost interest after about 3 words......

·
Registered
232 Posts
LAAAAAAAAHHHH LAAAAAAH LAAAAAAAAH LAA LAAAAA!!!!!
(Caps lock slagging)

Yes, well I know the feeling.
It's like this ... you're the one who's thought it all out carefully ... reviewed options/alternatives in detail and eventually made the big call to place an order ... but then the problem begins.. you expect the dealer to appreciate this .. and to take every appropriate care, and pay attention to order details... Problem is that much as Audi might like us to believe, for most of their staff/salespeople they're just selling the brand, and the details that you or I care about are very much secondary to the sale... with the complexity of options/combinations these days it can get messy ...

Sounds like you're not too badly affected ... if they fix it quick and apologise then I'd let it go and enjoy the car!! ... (presume you're happy with the rest of it!!)

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I've heard of a similar problem before with AMI
Was this a new build with RNSe/AMI, in or are we talking about the iPod connector with a basic radio?

·
Registered
438 Posts
spenone said:
SO LAST FRIDAY I COLLECTED MY BELOVED AUDI TT S-LINE.. LONG BEHOLD I THOUGHT MY IPOD/IPHONE CONNECTIVITY WAS UP.. AS IT ISNT PLAYING THROUGH THE SPEAKERS IN THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF MY CAR. I TURNED ALL SETTING INCLUDING BALANCE TO THE RIGHT AND SILENCE...

DEFINATELY THE IPHONE CONNECTIVITY AS THE AUXILLARY CABLE INPUT AND THE RADIO ALL PLAY THROUGH ALL THE SPEAKERS.. CONTACTED AUDI DEALERSHIP THEY SAID BRING IT IN 9AM TOMORROW.. SO I DID..
A PROFESSIONAL LOOKED AT IT QUESTIONED THE WOMAN WHO SOLD IT ME INFRONT OF ME WHILST TRYING TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM..

"THIS ISNT THE IPHONE CABLE WE USE IS IT?"
"YES SHE REPLIED"

"NO NO THIS CABLE IS A OLD ONE. WE SHOULDNT BE INSTALLING THESE ANYMORE'

:evil: THIS IS WHERE I SAW RED *AS THE WOMAN WHO SOLD ME THE CAR LOOKED AT ME IN HORROR*

SO... ITS BEEN ONE WEEK AND ITS BOOKED BACK IN TO HAVE A REWIRE FOR THE IPHONE CONNECTIVITY FRIDAY MORNING THEY SAID THEY WILL GIVE ME A COURTESY CAR FOR 3 HOURS THEY HAVE CLAIMED IT WILL TAKE...

WHATS DO I DO APART FROM RUN THE COURTESY CAR INTO THE F%&KING GROUND?

A) ASK FOR A FULL VALET AFTER INSTALLATION
B) ASK FOR SOME ALLOY CLEANER KIT OR SOMETHING AROUND THEM LINES FOR MY TROUBLE
C) SPEAK TO MANAGING DIRECTOR ABOUT HOW THIS SHOULD OF BEEN CHECKED BEFORE SALE - HAVE JUST THIS MORNING RECIEVED A LETTER FROM AUDI "AFTERCARE" SAYING: PLEASE DO NOT HESITTATE TO CONTACT ME FACE TO FACE OR CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES?!
YOURS SINCERELY .. MANAGING DIRECTOR..

ADVICE PLEASE PEOPLE XXX LOVE THIS FORUM YOU ARE ALL BRILLIANT
Nice of you to finally pop back after asking for our advice last time then sodding off with no update after we'd all tried to help, oops sorry should I say after NOT VISITING FOR A WHILE :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Lizzie, boom!!! :lol: That's like one of those tellings off from your mother... You just take it and shut up :wink:

·
Registered
438 Posts
RockKramer said:
Lizzie, boom!!! :lol: That's like one of those tellings off from your mother... You just take it and shut up :wink:
Well I couldnt resist, he got my goat as we were all concerned then boom, bugger all, and I'm sure if he can afford a TT at that age (I'm sure I've read somewhere that he's late teens / early twenties, apologies if I'm incorrect?) then he'd surely have a smart phone with internet to be able to drop a wee update to us after collecting it, rant over sorry :)

Lizi x
Using Taptalk

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Toshiba said:
I've heard of a similar problem before with AMI
Was this a new build with RNSe/AMI, in or are we talking about the iPod connector with a basic radio?
There were some photographs posted in another thread and while it's hard to see the roof of the car in any of them, there is no obvious Bluetooth/Navigation antenna so I suspect it's a concert/symphony installation with an iPod connector.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Lizibee said:
RockKramer said:
Well I couldnt resist, he got my goat as we were all concerned then boom, bugger all, and I'm sure if he can afford a TT at that age (I'm sure I've read somewhere that he's late teens / early twenties, apologies if I'm incorrect?) then he'd surely have a smart phone with internet to be able to drop a wee update to us after collecting it, rant over sorry :)
What would you have been like if the car had been RED? I dread to think. :p

·
Registered
339 Posts
igotone said:
Yeah.. Not really a big deal -these things happen and this one is pretty minor and is getting sorted .Not worth getting stressed over. :wink:
+1

However..., if you don't ask, you don't get! Ask them, what they're prepared to do to offset your trouble. BUT, don't go in like a raging bull or you'll just antagonise them and get F-All.

Gently does it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Andy Mundo said:
igotone said:
Yeah.. Not really a big deal -these things happen and this one is pretty minor and is getting sorted .Not worth getting stressed over. :wink:
+1

However..., if you don't ask, you don't get! Ask them, what they're prepared to do to offset your trouble. BUT, don't go in like a raging bull or you'll just antagonise them and get F-All.

Gently does it.
Its worth asking politely for a goodwill gesture for your trouble, do it through the sales person though and not the service department.

I had a nightmare with my car, all sorted now but it took 3 attempts to take delivery and spent probably half of the first six weeks of ownership off the road. Needless to say I got several goodwill gesture, but 3 hours in comparison...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
jeez - i wouldn't want you as a customer.

incorrect cable fitted - no sound from one speaker from ipod. not exactly life-threatening is it?

you risk being seen as totally unreasonable and the dealership will stop being helpful.

and why rag the courtesy car? do you think the dealership will give a toss? hey, they may even return the favour when they drive your car into the workshop. how would that feel?

i suppose you have never, ever made a mistake in your life. and you seem determined not to enjoy your new car.

life really is too short to get wound up by something life this. you have a lovely car and you should enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.