Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few reasons....

1. I now want to drive everywhere which means I can't drink - no fun!
2. I no longer listen to music in the car - i constantly find myself turning the music down to listen to the exhaust note high up the rev range and the little pop when it changes gear.
3. Journeys are unfortunately over quicker than they used to be - i find myself taking detours or the scenic route...
4. The 2am moment before you go to bed where you look out the window to check if 'shes' ok - doesn't look cool to anybody waiting in bed for you...
5. Increasingly, Golf GT, Mini Cooper S and 3 Series drivers (all three of which Ive experienced on my journey home tonight) feel the need embarrass themselves away from the lights...grow up! :p

Please feel free to share if you too hate your new car and feel the need to express anger or upset. :lol:

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I don't exactly hate mine - but after 25 years of conviction free driving and less than 7 days of TT ownership I received an "Intention to Prosecute" from Lincolnshire constabulary. 68mph in a 60mph zone (red route) and that'll be £60 and 3 points I would imagine.

The thing is, the Quattro just makes it feel like you can BLAST around bends like an F1 driver so I definitely was doing at least 10mph more than I ever have before through those bends near Cranwell on the A17.

The ironic thing is that I was on my way to have the Cruise Control fitted so I didn't get nicked in SPECS camera areas. Oh well - everything else about the car is lovely. Apart from the people who don't share my preference for VW Monte Carlo wheels over anything currently supplied by Audi. If one more person says "That'd look good on those 19" anthracite coloured RS4's" (the ones I took off the day it arrived) I'll throttle them!

And yes, I do find myself looking at it. Just looking at it.... In a way my wife finds quite distressing apparently.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
mailrush-I too seem to be suffering from similar symptoms to you,an addition seems to be spending more time at the garage,to put more fuel in!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
In nearly 2 years of TTS ownership, no one has ever tried it on at the lights.

Very disappointing really.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The thing is, the Quattro just makes it feel like you can BLAST around bends like an F1 driver....

Not really!

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
T7 Doc said:
The thing is, the Quattro just makes it feel like you can BLAST around bends like an F1 driver....

Not really!

Then I either have very low expectations or yours are too high. Either way, I like the way I can drive through bends at higher speeds than previously!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I know what you mean mate!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I dont think ive ever owned a car before that has attracted so many baffoons who want to race ....

Old guy in a 335i convertible, plus an Astra VXR to name a few...

My mrs and i fight who can look out of the window to make sure "she" still on the drive

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
AbyssRS said:
I dont think ive ever owned a car before that has attracted so many baffoons who want to race ....

That's one of the reasons I got rid of the Type-R - it's a real idiot magnet. :roll: So far the TT doesn't seem to attract 'em the same.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AbyssRS said:

My mrs and i fight who can look out of the window to make sure "she" still on the drive
335i would be a decent show down???

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hate my new car because I cannot pick it up until Wednesday [smiley=bigcry.gif]

I hate my old TT because its sat in the garage and I can't drive it as it is sold :x

A couple flew down from Edinburgh to pick it up today but the half the purchase money is floating in cyberspace until tomorrow, so a night in a Bristol hotel for them. I hope they survive. :p

Waiting for: MK2 TT 2.0T FSI S Line SE Roadster / Phantom black.

·
Registered
274 Posts
mailrush said:
AbyssRS said:

335i would be a decent show down???
335i is a quality car and much quicker, clocked at 4.8 on stock i had one and it was wicked, faster than the last m3 and if remapped better than current one

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many problems in my new car This last car that I have is going to be the end of me and cars. I got a Subaru cheaply enough and the previous owner (my cousin) swore it was in excellent condition. I believed him because he had actually taken care of all his family's vehicles. First it was the front axle, then the emergency brake (that actually fell apart in pieces when they took off the rear wheel), after few months i had many problems due to oil checking,break was not properly worked,speed low
so i was very angry due to this.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
racingdave said:
I hate my car because it cost me £22K to build a garage to house the little minx!!

Dave [smiley=cheers.gif]
Hiya,
You have made my day as my now 13ft wide by 28ft long garage will only come to £10,000. The builder thought I was having a laugh when I had to delay the floor for a day while I installed the plumbing for the radiators!
I take it we do all have heating for our TT's home? :p

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TT4PJ said:
racingdave said:
I hate my car because it cost me £22K to build a garage to house the little minx!!

Dave [smiley=cheers.gif]
Hiya,
You have made my day as my now 13ft wide by 28ft long garage will only come to £10,000. The builder thought I was having a laugh when I had to delay the floor for a day while I installed the plumbing for the radiators!
I take it we do all have heating for our TT's home? :p
haha nice!! my TT likes the outdoors so I leave her on the driveway :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
igotone said:
AbyssRS said:

That's one of the reasons I got rid of the Type-R - it's a real idiot magnet. :roll: So far the TT doesn't seem to attract 'em the same.
Almost owned my car for 2 months now, and get people wanting to race quite often. Focus RS, Golf GTis and BMWs are the main culprits. But funniliy enough, had a Renault Espace fully loaded with 4 kids thinking it could outrun me at some lights!?! Lanes were narrowing into one, and think she thought I would hold her up :roll:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.