Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the dreaded news is in......but first the good news...

the tinkering before italy has totally transformed the handeling.. and with the KO4 actuator all set up the torque figures have hit 340lb/ft i'll have to wait till i have the graph for a proper look...

the downside is the suspected rear bearing failure is infact the rear diff..... at this moment in time all i wanna do is strip all mods and burn the "F'n" thing... quottro.... it's a great idea, fantastic system... but in reality just something else that can go wrong.....

should have bought a 225 seat leon..... they have more power acording to APR's remaps :roll: (another story) but only front wheel drive so no bloody quottro issues......

[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
You should be able to get it sorted for around the 750 mark, but do feel for you. :(

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stevebeechTA said:
You should be able to get it sorted for around the 750 mark, but do feel for you. :(
Well i really hope your right !!!! belive from discussions that the hardest part will be sourcing one that is guarenteed to be fine.. bee lookig around and not holding much hope (best i've seen is 99 A3 one)

stevecollier said:
Unlucky mate, this is a new experience of this component failing me thinks. Not heard of it on here before.
Steve
I have actually heard of a ouple faling... just dissapointed the first person in the northwest to have one pop is...ME !!!.....

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
well the dreaded news is in......but first the good news...

the tinkering before italy has totally transformed the handeling.. and with the KO4 actuator all set up the torque figures have hit 340lb/ft i'll have to wait till i have the graph for a proper look...

the downside is the suspected rear bearing failure is infact the rear diff..... at this moment in time all i wanna do is strip all mods and burn the "F'n" thing... quottro.... it's a great idea, fantastic system... but in reality just something else that can go wrong.....

should have bought a 225 seat leon..... they have more power acording to APR's remaps :roll: (another story) but only front wheel drive so no bloody quottro issues......

[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=argue.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
lol sorry to hear that mate. I know how you feel. Mine is ok at the mo, but it does never seem to end.

Redline mags TT had the rear diff go and they reckon it was quite a common failure, haven't heard of them going on here though tbh.

Don't oem rods bend at 340 lb/ft? Sure that was the number that came up....

G

·
sorry to hear that mate :/

got me worried now, i spotted a bit of oil on mine, where the red bit is on this pic...

better get it checked out..... :?

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hark said:
Don't oem rods bend at 340 lb/ft? Sure that was the number that came up....
in excess of 340lb/ft meaning it's boarder line... basicly it's gne as far as it ca now... no point doing cams ect.... not until the bottom end is strengthened.. but only real reason to do all that is stage 3 big turbo.... basicly the Stage2 is maxed...potentially need to find the oil cooler off the v6 tt and tap the sump as abit of a project... but it's finally at the end now.... nothing more to do without doing major work..... but yes it is boarderline fr rods..

as for the diff issue, heard it a few times on here now i've ben looking into it... although can safely say being looked after and service intervals have no bearing on it what so ever... mines been done on a 15k schedule the past 3 tmes for the haldex oil... as for te diffoil well it's sealed and should never be changed... and is still full so it's not lst any oil and failedbecause of that.....maybe a little more strain due to the blue cntroller but haldex units can take 470 ionwards...somemad gld r32 has that...

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Whats teh news Tony? How comes your has gone when the likes of

Si
Sam
Steve x 2

Doing big power and theres have not gone?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Rotten luck I believe though it's non uncommon for the diffs to go.

I can source one with a warranty if you wish?

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bikerz said:
Whats teh news Tony? How comes your has gone when the likes of

Si
Sam
Steve x 2

Doing big power and theres have not gone?
I know.... i know it's abit bizzar, thing is where it's failed (in the diff not the haldex) obviously there is not service schedule for diff oil..unlike the haldex.. and i can garentee that there's loads of people who have never even thought of it.... to be fair can't explain why it's gone.... although in the snow i did have esp off and did a few donuts. so perhaps thats taken it out of it... haldex clutches are fine (which is the tyipical failure) this is actually final drive in the rear diff thats gone...pretty much same as this guy http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2486942/3 at least the drain plug had just as many iron filings attatched to it.... :roll:

BFT - John said:
Rotten luck I believe though it's non uncommon for the diffs to go.

I can source one with a warranty if you wish?
Thanks for that john, i may just take you up on that... do your sources give any evidence of the milage it has done???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.