Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice little short article in this months Redline that the above is due out spring this year.

didnt even know it was coming. Lookin forward to seeing what they create :)

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Defo a bit of a beast with 0-60 in 3.7 from only 400BHP, but it's very nearly the same money as the Nissan GT-R at £50K so my thinking is only Scoob enthusiasts would take the punt, but it does look like a giggle.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
W7 PMC said:
Defo a bit of a beast with 0-60 in 3.7 from only 400BHP, but it's very nearly the same money as the Nissan GT-R at £50K so my thinking is only Scoob enthusiasts would take the punt, but it does look like a giggle.
I dunno, have you seen the cost of maintaining the GTR, £1000 for a set of brake pads :eek:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Matt B said:
W7 PMC said:
I dunno, have you seen the cost of maintaining the GTR, £1000 for a set of brake pads :eek:
If you read the Scoob write up on PistonHeads, you'll see the Cosworth Scoob has a new/special brake set-up, so i'm sure that equates to £££. Will be a great car, but at £50K the Scoob is punching above it's weight. At £40K it would be a very interesting proposition.

At that kinda money you're slap bang in M3/RS4/AMG/GT-R land & i can't see many folk throwing that kinda cash at a Subaru. I could be wrong though :D

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
W7 PMC said:
Matt B said:
W7 PMC said:
If you read the Scoob write up on PistonHeads, you'll see the Cosworth Scoob has a new/special brake set-up, so i'm sure that equates to £££. Will be a great car, but at £50K the Scoob is punching above it's weight. At £40K it would be a very interesting proposition.

At that kinda money you're slap bang in M3/RS4/AMG/GT-R land & i can't see many folk throwing that kinda cash at a Subaru. I could be wrong though :D
Yep, you're probably bang on there. Saying that 3.7 seconds .........jesus. M3 would be toast.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
W7 PMC said:
It will be epic, eat M3's for breakfast and have a serious drink problem.

I want one :twisted:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
As already mentioned at 50k way too rich for an impreza, at 38k the warrantied litchfield type 20 looks every bit as good, Iain litchfield is also producing a type 25 which I would guess has the cosworth block as did the mk1 type 25

Expect economy to be shockingly bad, at 350bhp ish mine is 18mpg on my commute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Matt B said:
W7 PMC said:
:lol:

I can find a set for £180 :roll:

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bikerz said:
Matt B said:
W7 PMC said:
:lol:

I can find a set for £180 :roll:
Just going off what I have read in car mags, hardly likely to have been pricing these up myself now am I :?
Prices quoted are probably what nissan are charging.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I know what you mean I went tarrox in end. Mintex have a good ish rep but I was told they eat disks. They are also super cheap for pads. I have problems with Porsche 6 pots and front pads are over £200 for tarrox but mintex for about £40 :eek:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Bikerz said:
I know what you mean I went tarrox in end. Mintex have a good ish rep but I was told they eat disks. They are also super cheap for pads. I have problems with Porsche 6 pots and front pads are over £200 for tarrox but mintex for about £40 :eek:
Try Ferodo DS2500 thats what i use in the Brembos on my STI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.