Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the Ipod connector to my RS, and am finding the interface pretty poor. No data tag display of what track is playing, maximum of 6 playlists, maximum of 99 songs per playlist, not great navigation of tracks, etc.

Are there any Audi or third party interfaces that will improve this? Any recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in full agreement, I've commented on a few other threads about it.

The options are limited without ripping the whole lot out and getting a Kenwood/Pioneer or similar.

The Audi integrated SatNav will give you better control of the iPod, but as an aftermarket it's also very expensive - if I were shelling out £1000, I'd personally get a Kenwood rather than the Audi.

Live and learn really, the OEM iPod sounded great, and yes, it's better than my old car + FM transmitter, but it aint great.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I assume you have Concert or Symphony radio as the RS and MY10 cars have the option of AMI with the Sat-nav+, which has been long overdue on the TT/A3 range. Short of swapping the head unit there is no alternative which can enable the current HU to display track names.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - didnt go for the Satnav. Couldnt justufy the £1600 or whatever it was especially when my little tom tom does the job already.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Related question - what is actually displayed in the Satnav screen - do you get all the song, artist, album lists to navigate through or is it just a standard playlists only?

Can you still navigate through the iPods UI and - sure I've asked before. If I'm using an iPhone will it play from it but also connect to it via BT for calls?

Lastly - anyone know how much the the cables would be from Audi if I wanted the DVD satnav to be ipod compatible? Are Audi going to charge me a fortune for a £15 bit of cable?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Smoothie said:
Related question - what is actually displayed in the Satnav screen - do you get all the song, artist, album lists to navigate through or is it just a standard playlists only?

Can you still navigate through the iPods UI and - sure I've asked before. If I'm using an iPhone will it play from it but also connect to it via BT for calls?

Lastly - anyone know how much the the cables would be from Audi if I wanted the DVD satnav to be ipod compatible? Are Audi going to charge me a fortune for a £15 bit of cable?
With the AMI on mine (MY2010) you get all the song, artist lists etc and not just the standard playlists.

No idea about the iphone as I don't have one. Also the supplied ipod cable that came from Audi free of charge with the car is only long enough to connect my ipod so that it can sit on the pull out tray in the glovebox next to where the lead plugs into the car, so again no idea if you can still use the interface of the ipod.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Dension gateway 100 or 300 will display track name and allow full ipod control through the DIS.

As posted already - you'll not get track details through the head unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.