Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys .
I have a couple questions regarding my mobile, where do you place yours in the TT, what type of holder do you have ?
I've got the HTC One S and I want to use the sat nav a bit more however it really needs mounting so that I can hear it better as its not too loud. I don't really need to have to view it and as our screens are already pretty small I didn't really want to put anything up there..

The next question, I tried to connect it to the already in car speaker its a Nokia ck-7w bluetooth hands free kit but the sat nav doesn't come through it when its on doing its stuff, the mobile rings fine though it and you can talk ok, well kind of, the voice shadow is really really bad but I don't know if its the rubbish system or are all in car speakers for the mobiles the same.. Do any of them come through the speakers when using a sat nav connected by bluetooth ?

I'll appreciate any feedback, thank you ;-)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Hi,
I installed the Audi TT OEM phone holder:



You can change the phone cradle easy if change the mobile. The phone cradle is attached with a screw to the OEM phone holder.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
JorgeTTCQ said:
Hi,
I installed the Audi TT OEM phone holder:



You can change the phone cradle easy if change the mobile. The phone cradle is attached with a screw to the OEM phone holder.

Cheers
Never seen one of those before! I bet they cost the earth going by what the arm rest or cup holders go for? :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
The OEM holder looks fancy pants! I use a cradle that sticks the the front panel window on the door, works just as well on the passenger door for when teh missus is navigating, as the cockpit is small I can see it where ever. the suction holder also holds to the radio cover, If i finally change my OEm stereo to a new head unit I can then listen to music on the Iphone meaning i dont have to open the radio flap to change music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
olibb said:
JorgeTTCQ said:
Hi,
I installed the Audi TT OEM phone holder:



You can change the phone cradle easy if change the mobile. The phone cradle is attached with a screw to the OEM phone holder.

Cheers
Never seen one of those before! I bet they cost the earth going by what the arm rest or cup holders go for? :roll:
I hate this forum, i spend time reading posts and then i see something like this and it make me sick.... Now i am looking for an OEM phone holder, look great lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evening all :p
Wow, thanks for the suggestions... That OEM one does look amazing, what was the cost of that out of curiosity and where did you get it, Audi themselves ?
I hadn't even thought of using the passenger window, good idea as is the dash vent, I'd forgotten about those too.. Its so long since I even bothered about using a in car anything, I normally just don't bother taking calls in the car but very shortly I'm changing my job and I need to travel further so this needs to be an option..

So do any of the in car systems have the possibility of the sat nav coming through the speaker system or on a headset or something similar, i wasn't sure if one of the ones that clip to the visor and connect via bluetooth would, do any of yours ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83,929 Posts
markusdarkus said:
I have one of those oem phone holders hiding away in a cupboard somewhere :) Make me an offer?
I think I have one also :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys, as Pot of Jam said do these hold the android, what mobiles did you use them with ?I'm def interested if it holds my phone :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
If the OEM doesn't fit your needs I can heartily recommend Brodit. Not cheap but well fabricated, with many options. - You can select from a number of options for fitting point and for the phone you use. Mines fitted over the passenger knee brace ( very solid and sturdy clip) then connected via Parrot B/tooth for the phone and iPod connector for mp3, GPS voice etc to the head unit.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tritium said:
If the OEM doesn't fit your needs I can heartily recommend Brodit. Not cheap but well fabricated, with many options. - You can select from a number of options for fitting point and for the phone you use. Mines fitted over the passenger knee brace ( very solid and sturdy clip) then connected via Parrot B/tooth for the phone and iPod connector for mp3, GPS voice etc to the head unit.

Brian
Hi Brian in Zummerset, :p
Now that sounds like a solution.. I found one of those this morning, well I think I did. Does this kind of slip over the knee brace and then you can attach a holder of your choice ?
Thanks for your advice on the bluetooth thingy too, i see you use a parrot ? Its such a mine field for bluetooth connectivity that its always great to hear others feedback on what actually works well.. I want something that lets the GPS also come through the speaker, it was that I was totally confused, I began to wonder if any of them did especailly after I tried to get advice in a shop yesterday.
I went into the carphone warehouse and the guy said " nope, none do, all you get through any speaker is your phone calls "
He said there isn't a device that bluetooth can pick up, the only ones that do are the ones that are put in as standard by a manufacturer..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Hi all,
I bought the OEM phone holder at the dealership, not expensive.
Yes, you can change the phone cradle if you change your mobile. On the top you can fix the correct cradle for your phone or one standard for many phone models.

You will need this to fix the phone holder to the tunnel:





Never seen one of those before! I bet they cost the earth going by what the arm rest or cup holders go for?
It does not bother anything, it is helpful and does not hinder the armrest.
The principal reason to put it is because I was looking for an original look.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
JorgeTTCQ said:
Hi all,
I bought the OEM phone holder at the dealership, not expensive.
Yes, you can change the phone cradle if you change your mobile. On the top you can fix the correct cradle for your phone or one standard for many phone models.

You will need this to fix the phone holder to the tunnel:





Never seen one of those before! I bet they cost the earth going by what the arm rest or cup holders go for?
It does not bother anything, it is helpful and does not hinder the armrest.
The principal reason to put it is because I was looking for an original look.

How much and code number please?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
scooby-bloo said:
Hi Brian in Zummerset, :p
Now that sounds like a solution.. I found one of those this morning, well I think I did. Does this kind of slip over the knee brace and then you can attach a holder of your choice ?
Thanks for your advice on the bluetooth thingy too, i see you use a parrot ? Its such a mine field for bluetooth connectivity that its always great to hear others feedback on what actually works well.. I want something that lets the GPS also come through the speaker, it was that I was totally confused, I began to wonder if any of them did especailly after I tried to get advice in a shop yesterday.
I went into the carphone warehouse and the guy said " nope, none do, all you get through any speaker is your phone calls "
He said there isn't a device that bluetooth can pick up, the only ones that do are the ones that are put in as standard by a manufacturer..
Hi sorry late replying - work nights at weekends :roll:
Well I get phone use via my Parrot connected to the OEM head unit. Plus my iPhone 4 connected to the headunit gives me music and GPS voice via the app, naturally.
The Brodit clip does indeed clip over the knee pad. Then the chosen mount - in my case iPhone, screws onto that. The unit has a common iPhone connector that you then plug the flying lead from the adaptor to the head unit into. All looks pretty OEM I think and works flawlessly. The mount also allows me to rotate the phone to landscape mod for GPS or television/ movies etc ( when not driving of course!
Hope this makes sense - via phone before sleep!

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Brian..

I hope you've had a lovely sleep before you realise I've written back, yet again lol... Must be hard for you guys that do shift work especially when its a decent day outside ?
You have made perfect sense, so much so I have indeed gone for the brodit clip & holder, they are on there way :D
I hope to Christ I'm not boring you too much with all my questions but which Parrot do you have fitted ? I've read just about all topics on the parrot on their website and now I'm baffled as to what does what. The Minkikit seems to offer GPS through its speaker but ideally I would have liked something wired to the headunit like you but none seem to say which ones do & which don't..
So you connect your phone to your headunit 1st so everything goes through that and then I guess the parrot picks up the headunit instead of the parrot & mobile ? The complication apparently comes as most bluetooth hands free options are not compatible with the Google sat nav installed on the mobiles hence why it won't come through where as the Tomtom and Garmin work through everything..
Thats not an option I have as I still have the original unit fitted dam it, I have an Alpine that I had for my previous car that never was fitted due to the fact the little alloy flip lid wouldn't close with the aftermarket ones or so I was told, but i bet that doesn't have bluetooth anyway as its at least 5 years old :?
I could have battered the guy in Halfords who was a complete plonker, I stupidly went in there to ask for advice and the next shop when asked did they sell parrots suggested I went to 'Bird World', he found himself really funny, it was kind of funny I guess and I did walk straight into it..

Julie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
markusdarkus said:
I have one of those oem phone holders hiding away in a cupboard somewhere :) Make me an offer?
YELLOW_TT said:
markusdarkus said:
I have one of those oem phone holders hiding away in a cupboard somewhere :) Make me an offer?
I think I have one also :p
Do either of you guys still have your phone holder for sale? I just bought my first TT and am looking for one of these. Please let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,005 Posts
Hi all,
I have the Parrot 3100 fitted in both my cars (Volvo XC90 2009 + TT 3.2 2004) & have used a selection of Blackberry's with them since 2009.

In both cars the bluetooth works perfectly for phone calls via the car stereo / loudspeakers & will override the radio etc when a phone call comes in. It works really well + is simple to operate. The mic is placed near the rear view mirror & the display / control unit near the headlight switch / ignition. It's quite subtle & not naff / bling.

My TT has OEM Satnav but is 'pants' hence I use the free app on my Blackberry called M8 & it works brilliantly (did I say it was free?). All the directions come through the OEM stereo system & they override any radio / music etc your currently playing.

The graphics are displayed on the screen but I find just chucking the phone in the centre storage cubbyhole means I can look at it if I need to (but v.rarely do).

The Parrot is only approx £150 but I got a chap to fit it & the total price was approx £250 (Volvo needed an extra part).

If you need a brilliant person to fit it near me (West Oxon) just shout.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top