Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Hi which wheels are they? I think 10kg sound's about right for 19's.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Juber said:
10KG per wheel! BLOODY hell. i think thats heavy, is it including the tyre???
Trust me, 10Kg is not that heavy for a decent 19" alloy wheel NOT including the tyre!

7 Kg would be about as low as you could get and would mean a forged wheel to get the strength required for road use.

I challenge you to weigh one of your wheels and tyres for us Juber. I think you'll be surprised! :lol:

Alan W

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Alan W said:
Juber said:
Trust me, 10Kg is not that heavy for a decent 19" alloy wheel NOT including the tyre!

7 Kg would be about as low as you could get and would mean a forged wheel to get the strength required for road use.

I challenge you to weigh one of your wheels and tyres for us Juber. I think you'll be surprised! :lol:

Alan W
I already have matey, the rim it self, Including centre cap (woah must add that cos its extra weight :lol: ) weighed 6.67kg. But with tyre im assuming 8 - 9kg. Then again the wheels were blooooody expensive.

The OEM RS4 wheels weigh around 9 - 10KG i would imagine too. :eek:

sorry if ive come across negative Alan, i wasnt mate :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the wheels are of ebay 850 with tyres falkens what you lot think ?
19"x8.5 5/100-35
Finish - Hyper Silver Polished Lip
Deep Dish - 1.5" dish
TYRES: 235/35wr-19 High Performance Tyres
TO FIT: VW Golf Mk4, Bora, Beetle, Audi TT, Audi A3 - ask for fitment for your model
FREE: Chrome Valves
FREE: Alloy Wheel bolts / nuts
Digitally balanced, tyres fitted and ready to fit to car and drive

·
Registered
895 Posts
Juber said:
Alan W said:
Juber said:

Alan W
I already have matey, the rim it self, Including centre cap (woah must add that cos its extra weight :lol: ) weighed 6.67kg. But with tyre im assuming 8 - 9kg. Then again the wheels were blooooody expensive.

The OEM RS4 wheels weigh around 9 - 10KG i would imagine too. :eek:

sorry if ive come across negative Alan, i wasnt mate :)
Hey, no problem Martin. :)

6.67 Kg is very light (and pretty close to my guess :lol: ). Much as you would expect from a very expensive Porsche Fuchs made wheel!

However, the tyres will probably weigh a wee bit more than you've guesstimated. :wink:

Oh, how I want your wheels on my car! :lol:

Alan W

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.