Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

just a couple of things i hope somebody could help with. I recently bought a 2002 225 bhp TT and was advised by the rac check to top up various fluid levels, PAS, Coolant, engine oil and the window washers.

i've mananged to purchase and fill all of the above barring the coolant, as i was not sure what one to buy?? i obviously did'nt want to put the wrong one in!!

After topping up the levels i've pushed the system check button on the dash, as its running through the different things i'm seeing for example a yellow oil can at the top and a red oil can in the main box. What does this mean asafter the checks a yellow ok appears still?? is this normal??

Also when the engine is running witht he bonnet open i can hear a slight ticking from the engine, is this normal??

any thoughts helpful

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
561 Posts
when you push the system check it does not check the car it only runs a test on the warning lights on the dash

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren't i the silly one - thanks for putting me straight it makes a lot more sense now!!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Slight ticking is perfectly normal, think it maybe injectors or tappets.

Dont worry :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.