Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
ScoTT said:
Im wanting to take both my rocker cover and inlet manifold off to get cleaned and powdercoated.

What gaskets would i need to replace?

Fanks :D
You will need the rocker cover gasket the throttle body gasket and the inlet manifold metal gasket I no that the trottle body and the IM is about £4 for both but but not sure about the rocker cover 1 cheers
Marc

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If you're replacing gaskets have a look at one of these for the inlet manifold:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/audi/tt8n/newsouth-1-8t-power-gasket-plus-1999-5

An eye-watering cost for a gasket, I know. However, I had one fitted. Awesome just mentioned it as an option while I was having other work done and I agreed to it without bothering to ask about the cost - after all how much could a gasket possibly be? I was amazed when the bill came however in retrospect I think it may have been money well spent. While it's difficult to determine the effect of a single part when it's introduced with other work at the same time I think it was probably good for an extra 5 bhp, which in comparison with other modifications isn't bad for £54.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.