Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only downside of the hot weather is the insect graveyard collected on the front of the car on every trip. Does anyone know if insect removers such as AutoGlym also remove the wax?

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
BarrieB said:
Only downside of the hot weather is the insect graveyard collected on the front of the car on every trip. Does anyone know if insect removers such as AutoGlym also remove the wax?
in general, yes. On detailing world, they suggest soaking micro fibre cloths in water and leaving them on the affected area to soften the dried debris. Once it's soaked through, they pretty much fall off.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wja96 said:
BarrieB said:
in general, yes. On detailing world, they suggest soaking micro fibre cloths in water and leaving them on the affected area to soften the dried debris. Once it's soaked through, they pretty much fall off.
Sounds like a good tip.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I've just given mine a good coat of Clonite S (sp?) and finding that insect debris comes off very easilly with just a damp cloth - especially before they've had chance to bake on.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
BarrieB said:
talk-torque said:
I've just given mine a good coat of Clonite S (sp?) and finding that insect debris comes off very easilly with just a damp cloth - especially before they've had chance to bake on.
Is that Collinite? Heard good reports.
Yes - sorry - it was early for me! Great wax. Quite hard work to apply, but lasts a good 6 months with a nice shine, water beading etc.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I tried several different bug remover stuff from halfords...all rubbish. Did the whole soak a towel and leave it over the infected are for 5-10 mins let it soak right through then washed off with power washer and poorboys bug remover stuff worked a treat. I think you can clay bar it to get the really stuck ones off as well but I haven't done that yet since everytime I get back in the car I get a new selection of fly remains to clean off so after a while you loose the will to keep doing it :lol:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What you watch to watch with some of these removers is that they also strip back the wax.

Once waxed with Zymol i tend to use Autofinesse Citrus Power - spry on a leave wipe with my wash mitt (ensuring i full rinse it afterwards to prevent scratches)

As i can get a good few months out of a nice layered coat of wax.

·
Registered
547 Posts
digital_dreamer said:
What you watch to watch with some of these removers is that they also strip back the wax.

Once waxed with Zymol i tend to use Autofinesse Citrus Power - spry on a leave wipe with my wash mitt (ensuring i full rinse it afterwards to prevent scratches)

As i can get a good few months out of a nice layered coat of wax.
+1 Autofinesse is fantastic stuff. Pretty expensive though @ £10 a bottle.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have found that snow foaming the car first works really well. Let the foam do its job in the normal way and then jet wash. Works every time, even with hard baked on stuff.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
1. Microfiber towel soaked in hot water
2. Rest it on area for a few minutes
3. Turn microfiber over and wipe of remains
4. Spray some detailing lubricant
5. Claybar any traces.

Jobs a good'en 8)

Its a good idea claying the front of the car once a week or so and then waxing the front. This makes it even easier to remove bugs during the hot period. I normally clay the front bumper, bonnet and archers once a week or so. Only takes 10min or so.

Mag's Bug and Tar remover is also very good. I use it when in a rush and it does a great job.

·
Registered
547 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.