Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin' folks!

I've just got my Connects2 Aux adapter through the post, and i'm looking at routing the jack cable through from the back of the stereo down into the hatch below where the petrol/boot/alarm buttons are. How can I get to it?? Is there a hole already in there somewhere for me to pull the cable through or will I have to drill one?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh great =D DId you put it in, or was it already in when you got the car? If so, how did you do it?

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
I ran my Ipod cable from under the passenger parcel shelf behind the lower compartment and threaded the cable through a tiny gap (no drilling required) at the back. The cable seems to fit in the guide/run for the lower compartment lid. So at first the hatch doesn't close completely. However with a little gentle side to side persuasion to the lid whilst pulling and pushing the cable the door closes and seems to have pushed the cable down into the remaining gap. Door now open and closes fine.

Hope that makes sense?

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Remove the metal knee brace 4 bolts, then the plastic screw covers on the plastic cover to the left of the footwell. 2 screws remove. Now repeat on passenger side.

Loads of space then to route cables down. Might need to drill if you want the cables to come in to the cubby low down, but that could be drilled while in place or to memory the whole bit can be popped out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts