Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys quote your "optional extra's" when asking for insurance quotes.
Ie; Magnetic ride, xenons, RS4 alloys, leather, etc;

If you don't, i think you maybe in for a suprise if you need to claim :?

G

·
North, appreciate what you are saying, but imagine if someone bought your car in 2 years.... when they came to insure it, the insurer would ask has it been modified in anyway.... they wouldn't imagine the car to be standard surely?? you know where I am coming from?? [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

ie. they would know it had MR, but wouldn't know to mention it on the quote etc.

Is that a valid point or utter... [smiley=stupid.gif]

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I asked for my options to be listed. Why? if the car is wrote off or stolen, i would 'expect' a replacement car with this options or the money to buy one. While the dealers will tell you they add no value, you look on the Audi used site. The more options, the more money they want for them.

Mine car was 37k
A std car is 31k I want the other 6k.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wallsendmag said:
When I asked I was told that mods were things added after the car left the factory.
Do you mind me asking which particular insurer that was?

Every insurer I have dealt with over the past 24 hrs (Esure, Churchill, Norwich Union, etc;) has stated within the section where you are asked "has the vehicle been modified" that this includes OPTIONAL EXTRA'S over and above the base vehicle.

·
Registered
482 Posts
north_wales_tt said:
wallsendmag said:
When I asked I was told that mods were things added after the car left the factory.

Every insurer I have dealt with over the past 24 hrs (Esure, Churchill, Norwich Union, etc;) has stated within the section where you are asked "has the vehicle been modified" that this includes OPTIONAL EXTRA'S over and above the base vehicle.
I'm having trouble and getting confused too :?
I got the lowest quote from Esure and asked about factory fit options. Although I was told they're included and no change to the premium it was advised that once I actually took up the insurance I should let them know so they could make a record of what options I had.

I've been with Esure before and had a car written off :oops: :oops:
It was a MINI and the options list is far longer then the TT, but Esure had no problem as they settle according to the original invoice for the car :)
I wasn't sure if that applies now hence I asked for confirmation and it appears it does. I'll be going with Esure unless Audi can match the quote, but I doubt it as it's almost twice what Esure are quoting :roll:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Martin L said:
north_wales_tt said:
wallsendmag said:

I'm having trouble and getting confused too :?
I got the lowest quote from Esure and asked about factory fit options. Although I was told they're included and no change to the premium it was advised that once I actually took up the insurance I should let them know so they could make a record of what options I had.

I've been with Esure before and had a car written off :oops: :oops:
It was a MINI and the options list is far longer then the TT, but Esure had no problem as they settle according to the original invoice for the car :)
I wasn't sure if that applies now hence I asked for confirmation and it appears it does. I'll be going with Esure unless Audi can match the quote, but I doubt it as it's almost twice what Esure are quoting :roll:
Thanks for the response Martin L.

By the way, Esure is the cheapest for me @ £263.61 with Audi @ £448 for the same like for like policy.
I will give Esure a call in the morning to confirm the extra's.

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
north_wales_tt said:
wallsendmag said:

Can't remember I checked a few ,it might have been swiftcover.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
admiral let you specify extras online and see what difference they make.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
north_wales_tt said:
Mysterio said:
Yeah, I tried that - alloys, exhausts and engine mods are the ones that make the difference. No mention of magnetic ride :wink:
They also wanted a tracker :(
Are you sure re: tracker mate? I don't think they do need one!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
When I had my E36 BMW coupe with the Sport Pack,M3 bumpers and side skirts ,all factory fitted,every insurance company put the premium up by 25% (BMW insurance included).Safer to tell them than to find out that you aren't covered,and get them to aknowledge it on any quote.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mysterio said:
north_wales_tt said:
Mysterio said:
Yeah, I tried that - alloys, exhausts and engine mods are the ones that make the difference. No mention of magnetic ride :wink:
They also wanted a tracker :(
Are you sure re: tracker mate? I don't think they do need one!
Yep, if you have'nt got a tracker they will not guarantee (online anyway) that you will be covered for theft.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scooby-Doo said:
When I had my E36 BMW coupe with the Sport Pack,M3 bumpers and side skirts ,all factory fitted,every insurance company put the premium up by 25% (BMW insurance included).Safer to tell them than to find out that you aren't covered,and get them to aknowledge it on any quote.
Yeah, thats where my heads at.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi north_wales,

I have got my TT insured through Admiral and I have no tracker fitted. They asked what security it had, but they never mentioned that I must install a tracker.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.