Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of buying a second car as a run a round, to keep the mileage down on the TT. Does anyone know of any insurance brokers that will do this cost effectively. We already has 2 cars in family, so this would be 3 when I have phoned my insurance co. they want as much again as I pay for TT for a diesel Bora, I can only drive one at time. Obviously they are not giving me the bonus on the Bora! Any ideas ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Admiral's multi car policy works well for me as I swap stuff around regularly..... saved £££ on the cost of the cars individually (3 cars as well at the mo..) and they claim the more vehicles you add the greater the discounts....

Cheers

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Bit of useful info.

I had a bang up the back while at traffic island, guy admitted liability so did his insurer, It was a no fault claim, my insurance was due some three weeks after the bang, the insurance broker Lloyds TSB reduced my no claims from 9 years to 30% stating that the underwriters had not closed the case and until it was closed they could not reinstate my full bonus, closure could take mths, I spent some hrs on the phone arguing the fact that it was a no fault claim, finally I rang the brokers ABC Liverpool Victoria the adviser stated the same, it was a no fault claim but until it was closed my bonus could not be reinstated.
After an hour or so I decided to phone brokers again and got a lady in another department, she read the notes and stated it was a no fault claim that my bonus was still intact at 9 years that my bonus was set by the underwriter not the broker and she would send me confirmation to that fact. I received that confirmation rang my insurer who now reluctantly accepted LV`s letter, I stated I had a quote off the net for £205 full comp, LLoyds stated that was for new customers price for me was £350, I told them to stuff it and got insured with Kwikfit for £199 fully comp with bonus protect.

You have to percivier or the sods will grind you down.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Admiral was the best quote for 2 cars for myself but be careful when changing insurance companies .

I am currently with Morethan and my insurance is due on 23rd Aug so I did some shopping around after getting my renewal documents , the price had reduced from last year which I have never had before .No change to NCD or anything age related, same cars .

I then called Morethan and explained that I had a cheaper quote , they agreed to reduce the price by a further £22 .

During the discussion with them they told me that I had lifetime protected no claims and even if I made a claim I would not lose any NCD at the next renewal or in future years.

This would not be the case if I changed to another company . So for the little extra I will be stopping with Morethan .

At last it seems that some insurance companies are wanting to hold on to customers !!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, I'll will try some of the companies you have mentioned. Thanks for all your comments, I have experienced the non fault bump before and I gave in, you did well there! Also I realise having another car does bring expense but TT is in time warp condition and the school run and Asda trips with harse winters on the Pennine hills is more the reason than mileage to be honest and of course those individuals that think throwing the car doors against yours cause they don't give a shit. But hey you want to enjoy rather than rap in cotton wool.

Cheers may see you at Audi in the Park!!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
murraytt said:
I've been thinking of buying a second car as a run a round, to keep the mileage down on the TT. Does anyone know of any insurance brokers that will do this cost effectively. We already has 2 cars in family, so this would be 3 when I have phoned my insurance co. they want as much again as I pay for TT for a diesel Bora, I can only drive one at time. Obviously they are not giving me the bonus on the Bora! Any ideas ?
We can look to 'mirror' your NCB over. This means we'll offer a similar discount that you would have got if your NCB was free to use.

Feel free to get in touch:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/call_back_new.phtml

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I phoned sky insurance but unfortunately I am the OL postcode so they could help me!
Insurance is a joke I look out the windows in my house and see hills and sheep. My car is in a garage which is on my house alarm I am 45 will no points or claims, these insurance companies should be phoning me for my business!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts