Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my insurance renewal quote just came through and I'm a little shocked! I haven't 'compared the market' yet, but:

I've been with Endsleigh for two years, both with no claims protection.
Someone hit me in November, but we haven't yet been to court.
Last year my insurance was £1.2k. I've just been quoted £2.4k! [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Are they having a laugh? Do I have to bend over and take this?! :evil:

And, since the no claims protection is clearly not worth anything, do I have grounds to ask them for that part of the premium back? [smiley=book2.gif]

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
May i ask how old you are?

2.4k is a joke.

Go on Moneysupermarket or Gocompare to compare insurance quotes. Should be able to get a lot cheaper than that 8)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Try some of the brokers that advertise on here although I imagine there's probably an age restriction.

I assume you are young if prices like that are coming back!

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
-wizpip- said:
And, since the no claims protection is clearly not worth anything, do I have grounds to ask them for that part of the premium back? [smiley=book2.gif]
No, your NCD will not have been affected nor should it change if the pending court case holds you partly/fully responsible - you'd have to read the policy docs for the precise terms.
Sadly there's no such thing as premium-vast-increase protection so they just bump that instead.

Trying elsewhere is certainly worthwhile but every other insurance company will load the premium when you tell them you were involved in an accident, fault is in dispute (presumably) and court case pending.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Granted I'm now an old fart (turned 50 in April) but just changed my Insurance to Hastings Direct. My old Insurance company wanted nearly £400, got it with Hastings for £201. Might not help you with an outstanding accident hanging over you. But might help others if their renewal is coming up. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
JSoapy said:
Granted I'm now an old fart (turned 50 in April) but just changed my Insurance to Hastings Direct. My old Insurance company wanted nearly £400, got it with Hastings for £201. Might not help you with an outstanding accident hanging over you. But might help others if their renewal is coming up. Best of luck.
Bugger, thats £53 cheaper than mine :x

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
While you have an outstanding claim any quote you receive will be in the wtf/omg league...
Other companies won't be interested in hearing it wasn't my fault while it's still pending. I was in a similar situation many years back, paid a big premium but got a big chunk back many months later after the claim was sorted. Not all insurers will do that. Some with trouser the high premium and when it turns out to be a no fault claim say it's not their policy to reimburse the difference.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
That's ludicrous. OK, mine is a diesel, but it's remapped, big brakes, aftermarket hifi, bodykit etc. etc. all declared, upto 40,000 miles per year, business use, full NCD protection, 8 years no claims and it's still under £400.

Where do you live? Aleppo?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Don't forget that after taking into account that an accident is still pending, the type and model of car, your age and postcode are the main things which affect your insurance premium.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Protected no-claims discount :?

Never been quite sure about this one? Protected by the company you are with and only them? Transferable? If not transferable then not worth a penny - takes you out of comparing other companies. And don't your present insurers just start from a higher figure before they deduct the 'protected' NCD.

Just my cynical view from my soap box :roll:

8 years no claims and it's still under £400.

Where do you live? Aleppo?
Thetford -then that will be tractors and combine arvesters :wink:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
luap said:
Protected no-claims discount :?

Never been quite sure about this one? Protected by the company you are with and only them? Transferable?
Who else would you be expecting to protect your no claims bonus?

Its an optional extra that you take out at the start of your policy (after 4 NCB years IIRC).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha; I'm 30, live in Bedford and have 8 years NCD.

I did a compare the market thing and came out with £1118 - and that's by putting in that the accident was my fault!

Guess Endsleigh were hoping that I'd suddenly lost my marbles and didn't want to shop around. They've not been great either - things which I'm positive were damaged in the accident they've ignored, and Audi have fixed under warranty instead. They also told the other guy, in writing, that I'd admitted liability - they got a nice phone call for that one!!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I've 10 years NCB and my insurance company wanted £1125 for renewal.

Paid £700 last year

Managed to get this years for £630 with Groupama. (via Premium Choice brokers)

Dan

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm 24 and got a 3.2 v6 a couple of months back. Only 3 years no claims and was quoted 590 from admiral! After i told them about my 3 points it went up to 700 but that is still a fairly good price for my age and type of car I have. Check them out, i have always found them, direct line and elephant to be the cheapest around.

Comparison websites are hilarious. I put in the TT and my cheapest quote was around 1500! I will never use them again. My first car i had was a 1.4 S reg ibiza and cheapest on got back then on comparison websites was 5k!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dougie9 said:
I'm 24 and got a 3.2 v6 a couple of months back. Only 3 years no claims and was quoted 590 from admiral!
£1931.

I may be 30 with 8 years no claims, but the car was also new (alas, only worth £25k now), I do 25k miles a year and use it for business. I also protect the no claims. I don't think it's possible to get a quote under £1k for what I have / do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts