Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the pinout for the interior light wiring (6-pin connector) ? I don't have a phone installed, so no microphone.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one !!!
Then how to get a 12v from the interior light wires?
I know, with a voltmeter, but if someone has some info please chime in !
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If you are looking for a 12v feed when the side lights come on (for the 'catvision' red LED's) then you are looking for pins No.5 and No.1 (can't remember without removing it which one was the positive and which one was the negative, but it should be pretty obvious when you look at them by the wiring colours)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking for a way to power up a dvr camera which will be mounted near the rear view mirror. So I thought getting a wire from the onterior light wiring would be ok.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Hadaak said:
I'm looking for a way to power up a dvr camera which will be mounted near the rear view mirror. So I thought getting a wire from the onterior light wiring would be ok.
Mine was installed as described in this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=200370&hilit=camera&start=90 as I was not sure if looping from the interior light would interfere with the Can Bus.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I don't really want to run wires. I'll see if I can get something from the interior light board. Does yours keep recording when you leave the car; I only want mine to record while the car is rolling or ignition is on so the interior light might be a good option as it dies a few minutes after you leave the car.

G

·
Hadaak said:
Thanks. I don't really want to run wires. I'll see if I can get something from the interior light board. Does yours keep recording when you leave the car; I only want mine to record while the car is rolling or ignition is on so the interior light might be a good option as it dies a few minutes after you leave the car.
don't know which brand of camera your going for but the blackvue one has various settings one being once engine off only restart camera when tilt sensor is activated i.e knocked when parked. mind you for that you have to have a permanent live feed.which is easy enough from the fusebox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts