Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with an RS get very loud squealing of their breaks intermitently? Had mine into my dealer, and they used some kind of grease - which has helped, but still from time to time they squeal like a 50 year old banger! Not that often now mind you.

Also get this annoying rattling noise coming from my roof (roadster) and seems to typically occur when the car is cold or not started for some time. By the time I take it to the dealer it has stopped :x If I hold the roof up a touch with my hand - it stops the vibration noise.

Any ideas? Other than that, and some stone chips - running great :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something I will have to keep my eye on I think. Annoying thing is it doesnt do it when i take it to the dealer - the vibration noise in the roof nor the squeaky brakes.

It is quite a low pitched vibration noise and only comes from the driver side. Annoying more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Pricy147 said:
Anyone else with an RS get very loud squealing of their breaks intermitently? Had mine into my dealer, and they used some kind of grease - which has helped, but still from time to time they squeal like a 50 year old banger! Not that often now mind you.

Also get this annoying rattling noise coming from my roof (roadster) and seems to typically occur when the car is cold or not started for some time. By the time I take it to the dealer it has stopped :x If I hold the roof up a touch with my hand - it stops the vibration noise.

Any ideas? Other than that, and some stone chips - running great :D
I got that from new however disappeared after about 1,000 miles...never bothered me though.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I've not had it on the RS at, but its a common TT problem.

Jet washer of the calipers sorts it.
Its just dirt build up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.