Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posting here as engines are the same

iv got a seat cupra r its had a jabbasport ihi big turbo conversion was now thinking of changing the internals wat work is there to be done and does it have to go into big companies and spend the 3k to do it or can i source the parts and get it done myself if so any lists of parts

also my car is still fitted with the standard plastic recirc valve was advised not to use the forge metal one is this right

my car has got standard brake disc but fiited with feroda ds2500 pads on the front wat disc do ppl recomend bigger or standard size drilled or groves

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
s3 evl said:
posting here as engines are the same

iv got a seat Cupra r its had a jabbasport ihi big turbo conversion was now thinking of changing the internals wat work is there to be done and does it have to go into big companies and spend the 3k to do it or can i source the parts and get it done myself if so any lists of parts
This really depends on how far you want to go and how much money you can justify......
I was in the process of building a 2.0L large-port big turbo and did a fair amount of research on what worked and what was not so good, the most important thing for me was that it was as reliable as possible.
The parts that I would fit to your engine would be:
AGU Large-Port Head (Ported and shrouded).
Supertech valves and springs.
Insulated inlet gasket.
007 or Ross large bore inlet.
Golf R32 throttlebody.
Racewear headstud kit and steel laminate head gasket.
Largebore MAF and piping (guessing you'll have that already.
Pauter 144mm rods with 20mm pins.
Upgraded bearings throughout.
ARP main bolt kit.
If the engine is down this far, it might be worthwhile to think about an overbore?? 83mm would take it to 1.9L :p 8.25 or 8.5:1 CR.
Everything balanced.
Additional Oil cooler.
Low temp thermostat and fan switch.
Baffled sump and possibly a crank girdle depending on what your future plans would be and how you drive it...... :wink:
I'm guessing you have an uprated clutch and Lsd etc.

s3 evl said:
also my car is still fitted with the standard plastic recirc valve was advised not to use the forge metal one is this right
Many of the guy's that run B5 RS4's use a pair of standard Bosch valves, I understand that the cost to replace them over the time the fail works out cheaper.... I would go with the Forge item.....

s3 evl said:
my car has got standard brake disc but fiited with feroda ds2500 pads on the front wat disc do ppl recomend bigger or standard size drilled or groves
With the power that the car will be producing if you do the above I'd be going to a larger brake kit altogether, you'll make good money back on your O/E stuff and add the extra to a Porsche kit or the like.
From memory, I think AP released a 2-piece disc to suit the Leon CR??? Might be an option??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wat kind of gains and prices would i be looking at wat about the backdraft internal change is that not worth doing
BDM 1.8T engine internal upgrade. Completed with engine in your car.

Wossner lower compression forged piston kit
Backdraft Motorsport Forged Con Rod set
Cam chain and tensioner
Timing belt, tensioner, follower and metal water pump
Head gasket set
Head bolts
Hone bores
Skim head, Seat valves, Replace valve stem seals
Oil(Fully Synthetic) and filter
Auxillary belt
Sealant
Coolant

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
s3 evl said:
wat kind of gains and prices would i be looking at wat about the backdraft internal change is that not worth doing
BDM 1.8T engine internal upgrade. Completed with engine in your car.

Wossner lower compression forged piston kit
Backdraft Motorsport Forged Con Rod set
Cam chain and tensioner
Timing belt, tensioner, follower and metal water pump
Head gasket set
Head bolts
Hone bores
Skim head, Seat valves, Replace valve stem seals
Oil(Fully Synthetic) and filter
Auxillary belt
Sealant
Coolant
Pricewise, you'd be far cheaper picking the parts up from the US but remember you'll most likely get pumped for duty.
Powerwise, the engine would be safe to 9000rpm and more HP than your current Jabba IHI or Mitsu turbo would produce.

The component parts above would be requires as with any rebuild, can't comment on Backdraft, never used them and never would......
Others have and I understand some were happy with the results.... Others were not so happy. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.