Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this must have come up before, but I have scoured the Internet and can't find the answer.

I have a 59 reg Audi TT and it has the iPod/iPhone dock in the glovebox. When I bought the car in 2009 my iPhone 3 fitted perfectly, but now that I've upgraded my phone the iPhone 4 doesn't fit properly. At first it was fine and now it comes lose and falls out when I'm driving. Unfortunately, I've given my old iPhone to my Mum, so does anyone know if I can buy an extension cable or use an old iPod nano or something?

I don't really want to plug my iPhone through the auxiliary point as the sound quality won't be anywhere near as good.

Thanks,
Becky

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had the same issue with my car, so I used some thick black insulating tape with adhesive on one side to make a nice snug fit for my phone.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I use an extension cable. But am I the only one that's disappointed the stupid radio doesn't display the track names / playlists / orders etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi drrawle, I have tried purchasing one of these cables off EBay and it didn't work.

Viceroy - I thought about getting something to hold it in place, but I have to be able to take it in and out easily

·
Registered
181 Posts
You'd think by now they'd have the track names etc on the head unit, or at least better navigation than just the first 5 playlists and everything

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm having the same issues, my iPhone 4 worked fine with music and Spotify. Now have a 4S and whilst it charges I can't get it to play music???

And then my iPod just falls into the glovebox when I put my foot down! Would rather have an aux cable but then I have to swap for a CD changer!

Good job the RS has its own soundtrack that I never get sick of! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
TTmrs said:
Hi drrawle, I have tried purchasing one of these cables off EBay and it didn't work.

Viceroy - I thought about getting something to hold it in place, but I have to be able to take it in and out easily
It does come in and out quite easily.
I put the phone in at the start of each commute and remove it at the end, no issues at all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just put it in a case? Makes it slightly thicker so it'll fit more snug and also prevent scratches in sliding it in and out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
toot3954 said:
Dabz said:
You'd think by now they'd have the track names etc on the head unit, or at least better navigation than just the first 5 playlists and everything
They do, it's called AMI.
ahh didn't know...off to see how much it is and whether I can add it to my order :p

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Dabz said:
ahh didn't know...off to see how much it is and whether I can add it to my order :p
It's only compatible with RNS-E (DVD nav), and is included in the technology package. It allows full iPod control and shows playlists track names etc. It is also compatible with a wide range of media devices, eg. external hard drives. The standard iPod dock which mimics a 6CD changer is indeed poor by today's standards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts