Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it's worth trying to do a DIY replacement on a smashed iPhone 4S screen? The display is fine but just wondering if it's worth paying someone else to do it because someone quoted me £120.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Naresh said:
Can anyone tell me if it's worth trying to do a DIY replacement on a smashed iPhone 4S screen? The display is fine but just wondering if it's worth paying someone else to do it because someone quoted me £120.
I repair 4s screens at £60 as the screens are only £30 to buy I wouldn't recommend trying it yourself though :D it's not easy

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did one yesterday for the first time took 30mins .cost 7.99 from eBay

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can someone post up a link to the exact part needed as I've seen varying things on eBay which mention LCD screen and digitiser. I reckon with the right tools I'd give it it a go.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Naresh said:
Can someone post up a link to the exact part needed as I've seen varying things on eBay which mention LCD screen and digitiser. I reckon with the right tools I'd give it it a go.
on some 4s you need to change hust the digitiser but u cant as its a complete unit and iphone 4s screen u buy will come intact with a digitiser. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-L ... 3cc28cdf6e

1 - 11 of 11 Posts